Universal Gears of War Movie Announced!

HDKG_

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Freebandz , OHIO
:blessed:Finally!

Universal is making a Gears of War movie

Microsoft and The Coalition have partnered with Universal Studios to make a movie based the Gears of War franchise, Coalition studio head Rod Fergusson announced during a livestream today.

Fergusson said the Gears of War movie is in the pre-production stage and will be produced by Scott Stuber and Dylan Clark of Bluegrass Films. Stuber’s production credits include Ted, Central Intelligence and upcoming Boston Marathon bombing movie Patriots Day. Clark's credits include the Planet of the Apes franchise and Oblivion.

Further details, like a director, writer and release window for the Gears movie, were not announced.

When asked about plans for the Gears of War film adaptation, Fergusson said that they needed to come up with a great movie story first to appeal to a broader audience.
"When you do a movie like this, you have to ... realize that it's a different medium with a different audience," Fergusson said. "I think if you were to go in and say, like, 'OK, it's got to be completely 100 percent faithful to the game canon,' or the story of the game, like, what's going to end up happening is ... it's not going to be the best movie. The big thing we're really trying to focus on is making the best Gears movie possible, as opposed to the one that's the most closest to the game...

"I want it to be this thing where it feels authentic to Gears of War, but I want it to, like, blow people's minds because it's actually a great movie first, and then it pays homage to the source material second."

This isn’t the first time a Gears of War movie has been announced. Back in 2007, when the franchise was still with Epic Games, film studio New Line announced it was developing a Gears of War movie. Stuart Bettie (Collateral, G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra) was attached to write the screenplay with Len Wiseman (Underworld, Total Recall) signed on to direct.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:

Besides Xbot stans, who the fukkk wants to see a Gears movie??

and before you say anything I don't give a 747 flying fukk about Uncharted movie.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
PLEASE LET THIS BE GOOD..... :mjcry:

latest

4dzewjpg.gif

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Could be cool.

Hope it escapes development hell that seems to plague video game films.

I still want to live in a world where that gore verbiniski r rated bioschock with 100 million budget got made :mjcry:

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
This is 100% a hard r Zach Snyder movie. Don't dress this up. It's all about gore, guns and monsters.