Unpopular food opinion hills you’re willing to die on

Daps
Pumpkin Pie isn't that far off from sweet potato pie if done right. Gotta make good use of cloves, allspice etc.

Ranch is trash

Sour cream should never be used except for dessert/baking dishes. It's nasty if used on spicy/savory food like Tex Mex

Potato salad should only be mustard-based

Strawberry is the best "regular" milkshake flavor

Spaghetti with meat sauce >>>> Spaghetti with meatballs

Brownies >> cake......cake with ice cream >>>>>>> brownies

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Mexicans make the best food in Latin America

No European countries have food I would rate above a 2/10
That's not really an unpopular opinion. The majority of Latin American immigrants to the U.S. are of Mexican descent because of that their cuisine has been the most visible and mass marketed.

This brings me to the hill I'm willing to die on being that they have the most overrated food. The average Mexican dish consists of a protein, tortilla, refried beans, and bland rice. The majority of their dishes have a heavy Mesoamerican influence and can also be found in El Salvador, Honduras, Guatemala, Nicaragua, etc.

Latin Caribbean food from PR, DR, Cuba, Haiti is a lot better as well as Garifuna food, more varied, more well seasoned, and has a much larger African influence. Peruvians arguably make the best rotisserie chicken in the world and their "chino-latino" spots are elite in NYC, Argentinians/Brazilians/Uruguayans are elite when it comes to steakhouses.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Medium rare steak is the best way to eat steak...

From time to time people argue about which city has the best Chinese take-out its a nonsense argument. I've had takeout in several U.S. cities its the same shyt. NYC and DC takeout tastes the same that mumbo sauce is mid though give me ketchup, that Chinese store hot sauce, and BBQ sauce all over instead NYC style.

Chick-fil-A isn't that good. I'm not a waffle fries guy and the chicken sandwiches are salty and run through me.

Subway is :trash:

Blue cheese is a lot better than Ranch on wings and lemon pepper has to be wet for it to really hit

There's nothing wrong with eating pork all animals we eat are filthy with that being said I don't really fukk with bacon like that

The sausages be the best part about the seafood boil :dame: I don't like all that work cracking and messiness either

Banana Pudding the G.O.A.T. dessert

Pancakes, waffles, all that shyt :trash:

Mac and yams touching>>

Coffee doesn't give me any energy it does work at suppressing hunger though

Black people not liking mayo is a try hard myth

Last edited:
Daps
That's not really an unpopular opinion. The majority of Latin American immigrants to the U.S. are of Mexican descent because of that their cuisine has been the most visible and mass marketed.

This brings me to the hill I'm willing to die on being that they have the most overrated food. The average Mexican dish consists of a protein, tortilla, refried beans, and bland rice. The majority of their dishes have a heavy Mesoamerican influence and can also be found in El Salvador, Honduras, Guatemala, Nicaragua, etc.

Latin Caribbean food from PR, DR, Cuba, Haiti is a lot better as well as Garifuna food, more varied, more well seasoned, and has a much larger African influence. Peruvians arguably make the best rotisserie chicken in the world and their "chino-latino" spots are elite in NYC, Argentinians/Brazilians/Uruguayans are elite when it comes to steakhouses.
At the 1st bolded part - Interesting. You included Haiti in the Latin Caribbean. Technically, Haiti is a Latin American country.
At the 2nd bolded part - What's 'Chino-Latino'?

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
At the 1st bolded part - Interesting. You included Haiti in the Latin Caribbean. Technically, Haiti is a Latin American country.
At the 2nd bolded part - What's 'Chino-Latino'?
Yeah it technically is (as well as Brazil even though they speak Portuguese) and it shares similarities with its neighbor DR food down to the way potato salad is made pink and with beets inside. Griot and Djon Djon, Haitian Mac, Haitian patties, some sweet plantain, better meal than any meal coming out Mexico respectfully.

Chino-Latino is Chinese Latin American food. Same way Chinese immigrants came here they went there too assimilated and created takeout spots and fusion cuisine. There's spots like Flor de Mayo and La Nueva Victoria (known as the Butta spot) in NYC that are pretty popular.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Medium rare steak is the best way to eat steak...

From time to time people argue about which city has the best Chinese take-out its a nonsense argument. I've had takeout in several U.S. cities its the same shyt. NYC and DC takeout tastes the same that mumbo sauce is mid though give me ketchup, hot sauce, and BBQ sauce all over instead.

Chick-fil-A isn't that good. I'm not a waffle fries guy and the chicken sandwiches are salty and run through me.

Subway is :trash:

Blue cheese is a lot better than Ranch on wings and lemon pepper has to be wet for it to really hit

There's nothing wrong with eating pork all animals we eat are filthy with that being said I don't really fukk with bacon like that

The sausages be the best part about the seafood boil :dame: I don't like all that work cracking and messiness either

Banana Pudding the G.O.A.T. dessert

Pancakes, waffles, all that shyt :trash:

Mac and yams touching>>

Coffee doesn't give me any energy it does work at suppressing hunger though

Black people not liking mayo is a try hard myth

I was with you till that last part. Mayo is fukkin garbage and a crutch for shytty chefs who can’t season their food. Dress that slut up with garlic or sriracha and call it Aioli it’s still a slut sauce.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I was with you till that last part. Mayo is fukkin garbage and a crutch for shytty chefs who can’t season their food. Dress that slut up with garlic or sriracha and call it Aioli it’s still a slut sauce.
I’m talking about sandwiches and Tuna salad shyt like that :hubie:

dagodmcizme

All Star
Daps
That is not an unpopular opinion

WELL DONE STEAK IS FOR GOOFYS

THE END.

If you're gonna waste the meat, just have some chicken.

Also enjoy getting the worst cut at any respectable restaurant or steakhouse.

I’m goofy than a muthafukka then

trap101

All Star
Daps
w=400

fukk it,

well done steak is for goofys. :yeshrug:
This is not unpopular, it is only the uncultured swine...:hhh:... who adore well done steak....:scust:

trap101

All Star
Daps
For me I used to drink coffee with cream/sugar until I went on vacation in Mexico and had coffee straight black using a Moka Pot. I enjoyed it so much when I got home I ordered a French Press
the French Press takes out the acidity that makes most people say black coffee is shyt.