"Until You Own Your Own, You Can't Be Free": Official 2017 Entrepreneurship Thread

Daps
Reppin
Metro Atlanta
for somebody getting out of school looking to start their own business would u recommend them getting a regular job first and getting some money of their own to fall back on.. or going straight for it and getting a bank loan:lupe:
Well just speaking personally, I didn't have a drive for entrepreneurship until my mid 20's after a few years of working. After my first stint in real estate, it became hard to go back to being an employee. If I could do it over, I would've started a business right after school, maybe even during it.

The biggest factor in this decision is how soon do you think you can realistically start making money off your business. The problem with jobs is that it's too easy to get complacent and let your efforts in your own business slack. Just make sure you keep your discipline up and manage your time well if you go the job route. And have an exit strategy. Meaning know how much you need to make to get your business going and pay your bills and other stuff. Once you get the business where you need it to be, that's when you leave your job. Some people recommend your monthly business revenue needing to be at least 1.5x your monthly pay of your job before you quit.

Daps
Reppin
Metro Atlanta
Mods/admins need to create a group economics subforum.

@Brooklynzson

@cook
It's crazy there isn't one already. I did a search to make sure this type of thread didn't already exist. Someone made one back in 2012 and it got one reply :dahell:

In 2017 we gotta get our priorities together. I love big booty women as much as the next man, but they gotta take a backseat to my goal of financial freedom by age 30.

SmokyQuartz

Young Skull
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
My advise
  1. Failure is good. Unless it is fatal or takes you out the game completely you good. Failure is an opportunity to fix your weak points and when you fail it means you are doing SOMETHING. Most people don't fail because they ain't doing shyt. Remember to learn/fix your failures instead of giving up.
  2. Visualize who and what you want to be. Feed your subconscious mind with images of were you want to end up and it will be a lot easier to stay motivated/focused on your task.
  3. Always learn more about business and your craft. I don't give a fukk if one of you nikkas is Warren Buffet or Bill Gates, you should always be reading/watching articles,books,podcast, how to videos, etc until the day you die.
  4. Its not hard to make money its hard to keep it.
  5. Keep your nut. That is the source of a mans power.
#OYO

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
source.gif

In for 2017!!! :banderas: Aaron Jackson let's go!!!

Daps
Reppin
Metro Atlanta
:mjwhew:

OP ill be honest I didnt like you because of your avatar

Im sorry breh....truly :mjcry:

We need our own damn subforum
:salute: it's all good breh. I'm just a nikka who likes Park and Recs lol.

But all I want is to see my people make it.

"I treat cash the way the government treats AIDS
I won't be satisfied til all my nikkas get it, get it?"
:wow:

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
I'm with this thread all the way. All the way :obama:

I've started businesses, made some money, then failed (2006-2009) and never got back on the horse. Well, that's not all the way true. From 2010 - 2015, a friend and I had an idea we were trying to push but, it didn't go anywhere, didn't make money, was a major waste of time. Turned me off from having partners. Ever. Especially with friends. My old ideas may have failed but, I actually put them out there and made money. If I had kept going alone I think I would have had one by now. I was in college too so whatever. So my plan is get back started.....alone. That's my only goal this year.

Last edited: