"Until You Own Your Own, You Can't Be Free": Official 2017 Entrepreneurship Thread

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
Books I'd Recommend:

1. Tools of Titans by Tim Ferris (reading this right now)
2. Genghis Khan and the Makings of the Modern World
3. How to Get Rich by Felix Dennis (bad title but, great content)
4. Better and Faster by Jeremy Gutsche (one of my favorites)
5. The Richest Man in Babylon
6. Think and Grow Rich
7. The Millionaire Fastlane (again, corny title but, great content)
8. You Only Have to Be Right Once (a very short and informative read)
9. Delivering Happiness (one of my favorites)
10. Getting There (collage of several entrepreneurs and leaders in various fields, similar to Tools of Titans).

Daps
Reppin
Metro Atlanta
Books I'd Recommend:

1. Tools of Titans by Tim Ferris (reading this right now)
2. Genghis Khan and the Makings of the Modern World
3. How to Get Rich by Felix Dennis (bad title but, great content)
4. Better and Faster by Jeremy Gutsche (one of my favorites)
5. The Richest Man in Babylon
6. Think and Grow Rich
7. The Millionaire Fastlane (again, corny title but, great content)
8. You Only Have to Be Right Once (a very short and informative read)
9. Delivering Happiness (one of my favorites)
10. Getting There (collage of several entrepreneurs and leaders in various fields, similar to Tools of Titans).
Good list. I'll add those to the OP.

SAINT

All $ IN
Supporter
Daps
For those like me who cant afford to spend much on books go to

They should have every book mentioned in this thread. im reading Tools of Titans right now.

Edit: for iPhone make sure to dl the link that say ePub then click open in iBooks for proper format. Although PDF and mobile files work if the book isn't available in ePub.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Metro Atlanta

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
It's officially 2017 here on the East coast. The biggest thing to remember is that time is your most important asset. Make sure you utilize it to the best of your abilities. Never pass up a chance to learn more or do more for your business. I plan on listening to a podcast episode tonight before bed. This grind gotta become a lifestyle. We're gonna make it though. I believe it :salute:

Scuti

Superstar
Daps
One thing to remember is that momentum is a huge part in finding success
You could ask steve jobs (rip), mark zuckerberg or larry page if they would've imagined in their wildest dreams that they built the businesses they did
They'd all say the same thing: no way.
But what they did do was focus on milestones along the way.
Next thing they knew they were behind billion dollar companies
Its all about momentum or the 'snowball effect'. Start small and keep building on it.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Good stuff breh. Definitely keep us posted on that.

I def will. A few years back I came across this thread of some dude buying a FedEx route for the first time then growing it into like 300k/yr business and it was interesting seeing everything from start to finish. That way if it's a success people can see the steps I took to make it pop off.

People have been eating lovely off YouTube and I need my slice of the pie :feedme:

I got my camera and lights and shyt so now I just need to start busting out content. I'm thinking of naming the blog cert gang :mjgrin:

boxfullofjoel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
  • Read " Rich dad ,poor Dad"
  • Network,network,network- attend of events and talk to people. This can make you business with one introduction.
  • use meetup.com to network, go to chamber of commerce events and join professionnal networking group
  • another way to network is hobbies and sports. spend $ on high end gym memberships the extra $40 a month will pay for itself
  • stay away from retail or brick and mortar businesses (unless its service)
  • Use collaborative spaces for an office and networking for example ; wework,workbar
  • try to find customers before starting business. you can get letter of intent or pre-orders
  • use social media as much as possible to promote business and generate leads. dont buy radio,tv ads and be carefull with pay per click campaigns. LinkedIn, tweeter and instagram, craigslist can be great resources depending on your industry.
  • read one new non fiction book per month
  • find startup incubator and accelerator programs, the have great events and resources
  • use SCORE mentor program Find a Mentor | SCORE
The image of your business mathers so hire graphic designer and invest (not spend) in a great logo and business card design