Upcoming PS4 Firmware 3.0 to Add YouTube Streaming, Uploading Clips to Twitter and Lots More

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
According to Pocket News, a select number of PS4 users are testing PS4 firmware 3.0 in Sony Japan’s beta initiative, and some of the additions include being able to stream directly to YouTube, an improved messaging system, and even a “Now Playing| feature added to the PS4 Friends section.

Here’s the full details as translated by NeoGAF member crinale:

• “Event” menu is added that allows you to find events related to PlayStation, join them and watch them.
  • “Community” is added to “friend” menu that allows you to make new community or join existing ones.
  • “Now Playing” is added to “friend”, “community”, “message” and profile screen that allows you to display games members are currently playing. You can request to join their games or request to broadcast the game.
  • “Message” function has been improved that it displays “now playing” and allows you to start party easily. You can add groups to your favorite list.
  • You can broadcast via YouTube.
  • You can upload short (10 sec) game clips to Twitter.
In addition to that, the beta also touches on a “sub account” feature that can be created for kids, which will add parental controls and the like.

With the last PS4 firmware (2.50) launching earlier this year, Sony has since seen a massive clamor for fans for a better PSN. While this latest firmware update doesn’t solve or add in all the features people want, it’s certainly a step in the right direction.

As always with unofficial sources, take this one with a grain of salt. We’ve reached out to Sony and will update the post if and when they reply.

Report: PS4 Firmware 3.0 to Add YouTube Streaming, Uploading Clips to Twitter and Lots More - PlayStation LifeStyle

QUTwkFB.png

Last edited:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
:smugbiden: can't wait... i dont have a twitch account i like the idea of simultaneous streaming to youtube...

Streaming to youtube is a big deal for me to since I'm starting to hate Twitch and Ustream is just trash.

Stinky Diver

attitude as bad as his odor
Daps
You think streaming directly on youtube is trash? Explain

I don't think the feature is trash but Twitch is already there, so I just don't care about it. We're still missing simple shyt like telling us when someone signs on and folders. fukk it the whole UI needs an overhaul. They can miss me with this update. I'd rather not bring MS into the topic but they've got the right idea on how to present firmware updates.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I don't think the feature is trash but Twitch is already there, so I just don't care about it. We're still missing simple shyt like telling us when someone signs on and folders. fukk it the whole UI needs an overhaul. They can miss me with this update. I'd rather not bring MS into the topic but they've got the right idea on how to present firmware updates.

I don't have a twitch account. Plus YouTube has more subscribers in theory... :troll:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Sony is lucky im so pragmatic other wise I'd be pretty pissed at them. Lol @ not having sign in notifications or folders by now. ALOT of people have been crying for that (I don't really care)

I feel sorry for the people that didn't experience the GOAT ps3, if only it had more ram.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Streaming to You Tube could be a big deal...they really been pushing live streaming the last year or so.