Upcoming Tunnel EP (Vote for the Theme in here)

What should be be the theme for the 1st Tunnel Ep

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Aight Tunnel Family, the 1st step into making a Tunnel Ep/Musical Project etc.. is deciding on a theme for it.

Meaning the samples or original beats and songs used or created for this project should be based off whatever theme is decided on in here.

For example: Flipping the theme song for Miami Vice and making a beat for a nikka to spit on would fall under (Tv Shows) as the theme for the project.

Poll is only up for 2 days, so hopefully this will help speed things up and get us to the next level in creating this project.

:salute: to all my brehs and thanks for voting.

@TEKBEATZ
@Tom Foolery
@head shots101
@Chubbs
@DBR
@clanarchy
@KushSkywalker
@Wepa Man
@BlackDroog
@Myrical Lyfe
@doublenegative
@bigrodthe1
@DJ Dope-Needlz
@Zeu$
@ibrokemyneck
@nikkahs B. Wildin

Hopefully something can come from out of this, but if not. At least I tried. :manny:

ibrokemyneck

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Athens Ga
I did video games, but horror is tied in my opinion. So much good potential for both tho. shyt TV would be dope too. Need more limitations I would propose. Like a limited number of submissions or maybe even a minimum or something. If you submit you HAVE to vote top 3 not your track Ir something for quality control.

I can set up a soundcloud group but I don't wanna be the only person to be moderator because I'm mostly on mobile and SC mobile is lame

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Horror might be fun to do.

I voted horror

what is horror? when i think horror i think of the michael myers theme which to me would fall under movies...do we can an example of a horror beat or song?

i think tv/movies/anime should be under one category as they are visual media. sports is big enough to be its own category.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I did video games, but horror is tied in my opinion. So much good potential for both tho. shyt TV would be dope too. Need more limitations I would propose. Like a limited number of submissions or maybe even a minimum or something. If you submit you HAVE to vote top 3 not your track Ir something for quality control.

I can set up a soundcloud group but I don't wanna be the only person to be moderator because I'm mostly on mobile and SC mobile is lame

Don't worry about limits on submissions. Once the vote is over, we'll prolly be lucky to get any submissions since shyt has a way of dying down in here, but we'll see.

All of these choices have potential. What matters the most is the execution. You got some cats in here that can make something dope outta every theme listed, while you have some that only excel in one or two and then some might not even give it a shot if the theme they voted on isn't chosen. Lot of variables, but as long as we move forward we're good.

For me personally, when I look at the different talent and styles in here and then look at what themes that have the highest potential for creating the best project that will create the best songs/music where it's accepted on a large scale on this site as well as others is..

1. Horror -(demonic spitting over dark beats :ohlawd:and just about anybody can make a dark beat so it's not like it alienates anybody's style either)

2. Old School Soul -( With so many different variations in styles this could be real creatively dope and the coli loves these types of beats.

3. Trap/Wavy- This can be dope too, since we got some heavy hitters in here that fukk with this sound.

(Wildcard) is anime and videogames. I fukk with both heavy and I got several songs with dope anime samples so I know nikkas can get creative with it, but I don't know if it's too niche for some.

ibrokemyneck

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Athens Ga
IMO trap and soul are STYLES and not THEMES... Which is kinda not limiting.. Ya dig? Like video games or tv or horror could be soul or trap... I dunno I guess I feel picking trap and soul wouldn't be as good as the other like anime or something Cus ppl who wanted traps can still do trap etc

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
what is horror? when i think horror i think of the michael myers theme which to me would fall under movies...do we can an example of a horror beat or song?

i think tv/movies/anime should be under one category as they are visual media. sports is big enough to be its own category.

This is an example of Horror to me.

Dark beat...check
Horror movie sampled....check
In addition, the beat is hard and had mad transitions

The reason why I didn't put tv/anime/movies under one category because it could potentially limit creativity since each of those genres could birth their own projects.

A project that has a bunch of songs from mafia films, Dragonball, and Sanford and Son, might sound all over the place. Better to just narrow it down a bit and go from there.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
IMO trap and soul are STYLES and not THEMES... Which is kinda not limiting.. Ya dig? Like video games or tv or horror could be soul or trap... I dunno I guess I feel picking trap and soul wouldn't be as good as the other like anime or something Cus ppl who wanted traps can still do trap etc

I think you looking into it too hard breh.

Yeah trap and soul sampling are styles, but they can also be used to create beats that fall under a theme.

We've all heard dark horrocore styled trap production. Ditto for dark horror sounding soulful samples. It can be done.

Each theme is only as good as it's execution.

nikkas can use any beat style they want, as long as it falls under the theme we voted on. For example if it's horror...nikkas can't just make any ole trap beat. That shyt gotta sound dark as fukk and have some horror elements. Cats can use movie audio samples etc...Get creative with it. That goes for any style and theme really.