Update: Cotto vs Martinez to be at 159lb Catchweight

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
Sampson Lewkowicz, adviser to WBC middleweight champion Sergio Martinez (51-2-2, 28KOs), informed BoxingScene.com that a potential fight with Miguel Cotto (38-4, 31KOs) will be fought at the full division limit of 160-pounds.

Martinez-Cotto is being negotiated for a date of June 7th at New York's Madison Square Garden, and HBO Pay-Per-View would carry the contest.

Cotto is focused on making history by becoming the first Puerto Rican fighter to win world title in four weight divisions. He previously held world titles at junior welterweight, welterweight and junior middleweight. Martinez would return for the first time since an April 2013 decision win over Martin Murray."I can't give too many details about the negotiations. Our promoter Lou DiBella is handling those discussions. It is my understanding, if the fight were to happen, it will happen at the full middleweight limit. Cotto wants to become a real middleweight champion. The middleweight champion fights at 160-pounds. Cotto wants to make history and has no problem with the weight. It really doesn't matter, the weight, because Martinez never comes in at 160-pounds. He always weighs a pound or two under the limit" Lewkowicz told BoxingScene.com.

Miguelito said
1zl5376.gif
a catchweight :ooh::dwillhuh:
http://www.boxingscene.com/martinez-cotto-no-catch-weight-clause--73828

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
Its a win/win for Cotto to me. He loses, :manny: he lost to the Lineal Middleweight Champ at his first fight at 160.

Now if Cotto were to win.....

tumblr_miwa7mLbU01qgcra2o1_500.gif

As a die Hard Cotto supporter though, I gotta favor Martinez off GP.