(Update)Incels and redpillers finally got a win.Captain Marvel 2:The Marvels opened to 47 million over the weekend.Making it MCU worst opening ever.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Been spamming this thread but I think the best way to sort out their movies woes is filter out what they can control vs. what they cant:

Factors out of Disneys control that led to the Marvels flopping:

1. The SAG strike-Yes, in no way, shape, or form is a Bree Larson Late night appearance going to make up 60 Million dollars, but lack of marketing and not being able to promote the film hurt on some level.

2. Red Pillology-Better projects than this movie have been on the receiving end of racist/sexist based criticism. One of these fukk heads really made a video criticizing Across the Spider Verse as "woke garbage" and got murdered in his own comment section. You cant win with them.

3. COVID-The virus changed the film industry as we know it. It has to be an event to get butts in seats, people are more comfortable being home now.

Factors that Disney can control

1. Superhero fatigue-Disney let success go to their heads and spammed the streets with bad dope. Self explanatory.

2. Lack of true creativity-Loki and WandaVision were high level concepts first. The hook of "What if a Pre Ragnarok Loki had to actually own up to his fukkery?" + introduction to the multiverse made Loki intriguing and weird (but in a good way). Wandavision was a love letter to the history of sitcoms that made us feel the Scarlet Witchs sorrow at losing her family.

The concepts themselves sold these projects not just the promise of MOAR CONTENT. Marvel has to understand that post Endgame, people want to see the Superhero genre implemented in more creative ways. DC is realizing this as "The Batman" and "Joker" were other Film concepts with Batman and Joker pasted into them. Its not a bad thing to do.

...I personally think even the problem of unknown characters and unlikeable characters fixes itself if the concept is intriguing.
Well balanced take :ehh:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Get a fukking life you incel having ass nikka. You have the most posts in here and the thread in thefilmroom. DC is shyt and will continue to be shyt. Go outside and touch grass. The way your keeping track on this is pathetic as fukk. Lame ass nikka
Times like this we learn about nikkas relationships with women. How you have the most posts in multiple threads concerning this but then hit people with the “I don’t care” or “it’s a message board” or “I’m just talking about the topic” :mjlol:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Tbh Captain Marvel being an out of the closet dyke would make the film more interesting.

The biggest issue is Captain Marvel as a character is not at all interesting to a majority of people.

She's too powerful and has no faults. Who wants to watch that? Like what can stop her? At least Superman has Kryptonite to level the playing field.

See how much better the Hunger Games did with a female audience with multiple female characters they can relate to.
They need to seriously consider making Captain Marvel the villian of Thor 5. (Thats what they did with Civil War 2). Then she can gain sympathy like Scarlett Witch.

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
They need to seriously consider making Captain Marvel the villian of Thor 5. (Thats what they did with Civil War 2). Then she can gain sympathy like Scarlett Witch.

That would be cool. But its way too late for her at this point. She's gonna be stuck on cameo duty. No way are they building a movie around her again.

I honestly see Brie Larson hanging it up after this movie as the character.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Stans still trying to use the "movie flopped cause of men" card. Meanwhile, women didn't support it at all. The audience has been 65% men which is actually more than the typical comic book movie. Lmaaaooo

Sometimes you just have to face the facts that the shyt you are stanning for? It sucks and nobody wants it. It's embarrassing that these people will try to use real world issues as a spin attempt because their favorite corporation is in the gutter.

Who raised these people? :mjlol: I feel sorry for the parents.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
She wasn't a dyke in the first movie. (and I pay to see that :francis:)

And the hair was a reflection of what was in the comic books at the time.

The first movie was coming off the biggest ever comic book movie that ended on a major clifhanger and was marketed that you had to watch it before the sequel. EVERYONE paid and ONLY for that reason. It's an anomaly.

Breh that was them establishing she was a dyke by giving her the "dyke cut" that's why she now has a girlfriend in this movie.

daemonova

Daps
That would be cool. But its way too late for her at this point. She's gonna be stuck on cameo duty. No way are they building a movie around her again.

I honestly see Brie Larson hanging it up after this movie as the character.
You forget the first movie made a billion, they got some stuff to workout, like reassembling the Avengers

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
I musti missed when they kissed

valkyrie kissed her on the cheek. When she was taking the skrulls to New Asgard.

They way they kissed and looked at each other you could tell Marvel was queer baiting again.

Yzak

All Star
Daps
Valkarie kissed her on the cheek. When she was taking the skrulls to New Asgard.

They way they kissed and looked at each other you could tell Marvel was queer baiting again.
Oh they definitely were, but I didn't think they were together. I don't doubt marvel would rather her be a lesbian with Tessa Thompson than give her her comic book relationship with war machine :mjpls:

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
You forget the first movie made a billion, they got some stuff to workout, like reassembling the Avengers

Yeah because it was between Infinity War and Endgame. How do you go from a billion to less than $100 million and your home and international box office has already collapsed. In less than 2 weeks.

The character is just not connecting with audiences. Like I said she'll work as a cameo or in a team movie. But her as a solo character having movies is dead.

Hov

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Spoke with a group of high school students (in a program dealing with HS's and having to sit in on various classes during the week for a month) randomly, and they had some interesting insights.

I'm a big film nerd, but I will honestly say I did not expect the level of insight and conversation that I got from these 15 and 16-year-olds - but I guess having social media and YouTube allows for more access to thought and research, etc, and it wasn't bs either.

First, they started talking about being tired of "remakes" - like the entire class (mostly black and Hispanics, a couple of white kids but very few) - they were all like they cannot and will not watch another remake, and why does everything have to be a remake and not something new.

It's sad because I didn't realize that these kids were born in 2009, and are in the 10th grade now (formative years), so only really experience big cinema of an 80s/90s remake or a superhero movie. Nothing else. Complete trash. Wild and sad.

Like they were legit asking "Why can't people make better movies that are original?" the same way an adult film critic would.

Then, we talked about the Marvels, and almost all of them in various ways were like "not watching that trash/got better things to do", which I think aligns with the boredom people (and I guess, youth as well) are having with overpowered superhero movies that are obvious money grabs. I mean, a damn 10th grader actually used that terminology lol. When I was young, I didn't make the connection between "Batman Returns" and toy sales, but again, our youth are more educated as to how they are being hustled, and I guess have more autonomy.

They all LOVE Spiderman though.

One kid asked my thoughts on "Madame Web" so I told him to pull up the trailer and they watched it together, and the black kid said "This looks like a fan film this looks terrible", which is the same feedback I get from YT critics and talking heads (my own opinion is that it looks terrible LOL"

But again - I don't think these kids are getting opinions off the internet per se, I feel like they truly feel this way, and are not interested in seeing a Captain Marvel "ok" movie, and are more interested in talking about "Panderverse" and the Spiderman 2 video game.

I think Marvel and Disney brands are in the tank with what they have produced over the past 10 lazy years.

daemonova

Daps
The first movie was coming off the biggest ever comic book movie that ended on a major clifhanger and was marketed that you had to watch it before the sequel. EVERYONE paid and ONLY for that reason. It's an anomaly.

Breh that was them establishing she was a dyke by giving her the "dyke cut" that's why she now has a girlfriend in this movie.
@Yzak