UPS driver, 24, collapses and dies while delivering packages in SoCal heat.

ThrobbingHood

Take from the b*tch, give to the whores.
Daps

LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A Southern California family is in mourning after their son, a UPS driver, died just a day after his 24th birthday.

Esteban Chavez Jr. of Downey was delivering packages in the Pasadena area last Saturday when he collapsed. The family believes he may have died from heat stroke.

Records show Pasadena hit temperatures in the upper 90s on that day, June 25.

According to the family, Esteban apparently passed out in his truck in the early afternoon, and there was at least a 20-minute gap before someone noticed and called for help.

"This is all so sudden," said his father, Esteban Chavez Sr. "He just turned 24 on Friday and he ended up passing away the day after, which was the 25th."
"It kind of hurts that I wasn't there to pick up my son. It hurts a lot. But I like to think God had a calling for him. They say the good die young. I'm sure my son was one of them."

"It hurts, it's a pain that's never gonna go away. And that's something I wish on nobody, having the experience to lose your child."

The coroner's office is still working to determine the official cause of Esteban's death. But his family hopes the tragedy can at least serve as a warning and reminder to others who work in the summer heat: Take precautions, drink plenty of water and keep cool.

A GoFundMe page has been established to help the Chavez family with funeral costs.

Not only was it the day after his birthday, but it was the second day after he had returned to work following a shoulder injury.

I know a lot of brehs on here are truck/delivery drivers. Stay safe and hydrated. They work you guys too hard.

TheMailMan

All Star
Daps
Maybe underlying conditions? Either way still gotta crush at least a gallon a day. I know it sucks having to drink a lot of water cuz ur driving alot and can't find a public bathroom but u gotta adapt and invest in a tactical pee bottle . That's that Humvee life

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Water & hats will save your life. I hated how those sun hats for men look, but I swallowed my pride and bought one after I had a severe migraine from mowing the yard in 95 degree heat. Now I wear one of these whenever I do yard work
Bucket-Hat-Summer-Outdoor-Cap.jpg

John Mexico

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Henderson, NV
some of those delivery trucks don’t have a/c either

In 2019 well before my career in software development became a reality I was driving a TAKIS TRUCK in Las Vegas in July and August. I was delivering in mexican hoods. I didn't have AC nor a gas cap. I survived solely off of stolen (damaged) merchandise and the graciousness of stranger in the convenience stores I delivered to, for 16 an hour.

RIP to the young man. I was set to start my job as a delivery driver for an Amazon contractor had a software company based in Austin changed my life and gave me my first big break.