URLTV: SUMMER MADNESS XII THREAD. Live on caffeine SEPT. 24TH 3PM EST

superchoops

All Star
Daps
Still don't know how a nikka with way inferior rhymes and a ton of gas/bias "cooked" anyone by prancing around, but alright.

I don't nuthug shyt. I didn't GAF about the JJDD or Cal battles, and gave Surf his due when he beat them. Just because I don't care for him, I can still admit when he does well. I'm Bars Over Everything. I deduct for blatant filler. I don't let rappers of any sort sell trash bars with "delivery", "performance", whatever. You can check everything I ever posted, I've NEVER been off that.

Forgot about the Nitty rematch, that Danny wins, too. Is that recent enough for you? Fonz got semi lucky Danny did the Danny move and scheduled and kept a battle the day after SM :snoop:. He should have fried him.

2. honestly tho, i aint feel like JC had great bars that night either. i think his first round was good, but surf saw his tempo, set his own tempo and JC looked crazy. it wasn't too much different between what happened between him and Serius. He said he went back to his old style but it was still new JC style just slightly faster and more words. how many times you gonna talk about a nikka being shot and just leaving it at that? he had the material but didn't dig deep enough into it; I can see someone re-tooling JC's material and beating Surf with that angle a la Lux beating Clips with Rex's reveal by just spending more than 4/8 bars on it randomly a few times littered through his rounds

3. Not recent enough for me since he's washy between those battles. He's gotta show up when Surf is there. im not putting any real stock into the matchup until it's booked, announced, and going to happen. nobody should be getting lucky on summer madness. he at least knew it was gonna be on summer madness once the litework event happened on sept 10. that's at least two weeks to get the NOLA shyt outta ya bars and tool up. knowing him, he gonna have a battle with a nikka named dud the day before and a nikka named bankhead billy the day after surf

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
I never been the biggest Swamp fan but he made me a believer with this Tay Roc battle. His style is very much needed in battle rap. People might overlook this type of shyt but what I appreciate the most is the fact that he ends every single round with a haymaker and doesn't just use some weak ass slogan. That's something that even the top-tiers need to get back to doing.

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
Saying you only judge battles off bars alone when one of your favorite battlers (JC) lacks everything else that makes a battle rapper(delivery, performance) looks funny as hell.
Lol some of yall are taking this jc loss way too far. He def has delivery and performance lol

Jc literally lost for the exact same reason Tay roc lost. They took the wrong approach. You can argue in both cases roc and jc had better rounds than their opponents their approach was just bad. A loss nonetheless but watching jc get pounced on for literally the same shyt roc did and roc getting a total pass for the same mistake is why I get irritated with the picking and choosing that takes place in battle rap. Same guys who were criticizing jc when he was winning in the tournament with mediocre rounds at times ignoring the fact surf was pretty bad this battle as well. Great surf won but man this really ain't nothing to run crowning him Champ over. He was pretty bad that night as well.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Lol some of yall are taking this jc loss way too far. He def has delivery and performance lol

Jc literally lost for the exact same reason Tay roc lost. They took the wrong approach. You can argue in both cases roc and jc had better rounds than their opponents their approach was just bad. A loss nonetheless but watching jc get pounced on for literally the same shyt roc did and roc getting a total pass for the same mistake is why I get irritated with the picking and choosing that takes place in battle rap. Same guys who were criticizing jc when he was winning in the tournament with mediocre rounds at times ignoring the fact surf was pretty bad this battle as well. Great surf won but man this really ain't nothing to run crowning him Champ over. He was pretty bad that night as well.

Thank you. They act like JC stood around like a fukking mannequin and read his bars off a cue card. He lost but let's not act because he didn't jump up and down saying 'this is my shyt' and tell the crowd to shut up multiple times means that doesn't have performance. Let them tell it, they want him backflip and do a handstand with one hand to have it consider as performance.

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

Thank you. They act like JC stood around like a fukking mannequin and read his bars off a cue card. He lost but let's not act because he didn't jump up and down saying 'this is my shyt' and tell the crowd to shut up multiple times means that doesn't have performance. Let them tell it, they want him backflip and do a handstand with one hand to have it consider as performance.
You see it

Jinx301

Pro
Daps
Calicoe's 1st round was probably the round of the night for me. That approach with his flow made that round a 10/10 for me. I've never seen someone take that approach against Eazy and it hit very well. I've watched that about 4 times already.

I also feel like that round would've hit even harder if they battled in Philly.

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
Cot dammit, Danny…save these for the ring

SMH. That woulda hit crazy as an opening bar. Now he can’t use it. Danny’s biggest problem as usual…loves to rap so much he doesn’t know how to hold what he’s got.

The type to beat a top-tier on his way to COTY…instead of keeping his stock up….take a 1-rounder with Two Bar Tony 4 days later…choke and lose.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps

Stop it, JC is not known for his delivery and performance.
No one said this Surf was phenomenal. I've said this is the worst Surf we've had in his last 4ish battles.......and JC still failed.
This the most beatable Surf has been. He was on cruise control after the frist.

nikka, this the most chill I've seen JC.

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
SMH. That woulda hit crazy as an opening bar. Now he can’t use it. Danny’s biggest problem as usual…loves to rap so much he doesn’t know how to hold what he’s got.

The type to beat a top-tier on his way to COTY…instead of keeping his stock up….take a 1-rounder with Two Bar Tony 4 days later…choke and lose.
:mjlol:

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jc wasn't horrible, he just didn't perform well. His approach was bad. Surf was probably just as bad but not as bad as jc.

That's how I feel about the battle as well to be honest. Both of them were mid, Surf was just less mid. Surf def wasn't close to as good as he was vs Twork and Cal.