Usher would destroy Chris Brown in a Verzuz. Everyone who’s comparing need to lay off the drugs.

NeoSeeker

GOAT human
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I’m 34, remember buying Chris Brown’s first album vividly my senior year and I can say confidently that Usher would spank him. The way Usher took over 2004 with Confessions, Chris Brown never had that. I knew CB wasn’t that guy when he approached 22, 23, 24, 25 and still didn’t make a 8701 quality album, let alone Confessions.The Weeknd had a bigger cultural impact than him in terms of great mixtapes and albums and he was never a true R&B artist.

I'm 34 too. Chris Brown was a higher quantity of music, but none of it is timeless. A lot of his singles were only good the year they came out, imo.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
Chris is talented, but he came at the wrong time..when debauchery and imagery was the order of the day,.

Perhaps to the kids of today, Chris has classics and we understand. But someone from both eras knows Chris doesnt have the catalog.
Chris has good songs, but theyre littered with so much profanity they can never become timeless.

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
Maybe. I do genuinely think would be one of the closest one yet. They both have a lot of classics.

Usher has the benefit of having straight classics, but older. Chris has consistent classics but vary a lot in sound and his newer shyt may not ring off.

I think it would be the most interesting one. Only because, for Chris, I genuinely think usher is only one you could really pair him with and like others said, usher could have went up against Kelly.

Idk anyone modern that could hold up against Chris in verzuz besides usher and that's probably why this keeps popping up
Chris vs Trey Songz would be a good matchup

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m 34, remember buying Chris Brown’s first album vividly my senior year and I can say confidently that Usher would spank him. The way Usher took over 2004 with Confessions, Chris Brown never had that. I knew CB wasn’t that guy when he approached 22, 23, 24, 25 and still didn’t make a 8701 quality album, let alone Confessions.The Weeknd had a bigger cultural impact than him in terms of great mixtapes and albums and he was never a true R&B artist.

facts