Violent clashes continue in Cameroon amongst Anglophile Protests since November

Jimi Swagger

I say whatever I think should be said
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
The Cameroon protests are not broadcasted in American media outlets and only sporadically in Europe. The situation of the English speaking professionals' strike against Francophile marginalisation has exacerbated since November.

An associate from Douala (a beautiful place) informed that electric and communications in Bamenda and southern provinces have been cut. Wire transfers are blocked as people aren't able to get money from relatives abroad. Schools are cancelled and the police are allegedly targeting homes of those deemed as protesters; even snatching and killing young boys/men not involved as they are seen as a threat. I am told deaths are underreported. Cameroonians, globally, are informing embassies and are urging UN action.

France seems disinterested because their (fiscal) interests are tied to the status quo. Also, it does not help that President Biya labeled protesters as "terrorists" during his December 31st speech.

Sadly, more are tuned to the 2017 Africa Nations Cup matches instead of spreading awareness and peace. Share if you wish.

Thanks in advance for your time and attention.

Cellphone Media:

Cameroon protests video
Cameroon protests video 2
Al Jazeera feature
IMG_20170118_WA0001.jpg

Related Stories/Links:
African Union expresses concern on the situation in Cameroon
English-speaking Cameroon close to 'guerrila warfare' if crisis talks don't happen

US Department of State says it is deeply concerned by the chaos and disturbances that has rocked Cameroon (disingenuous as a travel advisory has been issued warning for Boko Haram not the protests to date)