Vol. 1 or American Gangster? Which is the better album?

Which album is better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps
Reppin
Sands Of The East
American Gangster wins for me especially in terms of production. love when albums can have i high sonic quality while keep that full analog knock and warmth and i fell Diddy, Sean C & LV accomplish that.

With Arden Altino on Piano, strings & keys, Mario Winans on Strings and live drums & Ed Goldson on Guitar and Bass the musicianship on this album was top notch as well.

a1pacino

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just picked this up @stomachlines, thanks fella hope your well,

It’s Vol 1 all day for me, AG has a lot of heat and it may be nostalgia but Vol 1 just does it for me!

A million - great lyrics
City is mine - video classic takeoff from Usual suspects
Imaginary player - song is quality, Jay Z at his sarcastic best taking ownership of other rappers souls in this and the video is jokes, the Puffy look a like in full vid is priceless comedy
Streets is watching - classic song and video a lot of jewels in these lyrics
Friend or foe - see Streets is watching video, classic sarcasm and wit and again many jewels
Lucky me- one of his most introspective tracks, very good song
Sunshine - I know he don’t like the track but I did, video too even with that hideous green suit!
Who you wit - Wasn’t feeling it at first but it grew on me like a wart
Face off - ok but not a standout track to me
Real nig**z- as above
Rap game/crack game/ as above
Wishing on a star - classic track and video, perfectly explains his rise from humble beginnings
Where I’m from -classic track, lyrics, beat and video, say no more
You must love me - another one of his most introspective tracks, great song and visuals

Last edited:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Vol. 1 is my top 3 albums, so easy for me......AG is like a decent retread of themes (and production) he explored during the prime of his career, as well as Bad Boy/Hitmen, in their prime. Would be even stronger album with "Wishing On A Star" as an album cut.

a1pacino

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Vol. 1 is my top 3 albums, so easy for me......AG is like a decent retread of themes (and production) he explored during the prime of his career, as well as Bad Boy/Hitmen, in their prime. Would be even stronger album with "Wishing On A Star" as an album cut.

Whoa! - was Wishing on a star not on the US Album?

If not that’s an error on their behalf as it was on the UK release and you are right it did make the album stronger, it fitted perfectly

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
Just picked this up @stomachlines, thanks fella hope your well,

It’s Vol 1 all day for me, AG has a lot of heat and it may be nostalgia but Vol 1 just does it for me!

A million - great lyrics
City is mine - video classic takeoff from Usual suspects
Imaginary player - song is quality, Jay Z at his sarcastic best taking ownership of other rappers souls in this and the video is jokes, the Puffy look a like in full vid is priceless comedy
Streets is watching - classic song and video a lot of jewels in these lyrics
Friend or foe - see Streets is watching video, classic sarcasm and wit and again many jewels
Lucky me- one of his most introspective tracks, very good song
Sunshine - I know he don’t like the track but I did, video too even with that hideous green suit!
Who you wit - Wasn’t feeling it at first but it grew on me like a wart
Face off - ok but not a standout track to me
Real nig**z- as above
Rap game/crack game/ as above
Wishing on a star - classic track and video, perfectly explains his rise from humble beginnings
Where I’m from -classic track, lyrics, beat and video, say no more
You must love me - another one of his most introspective tracks, great song and visuals

What's up, bruh? :myman:
Thanks for the feedback! :salute:
I appreciate it.
Nice review :yes:

My favourite was Ignorant Sh*t, but I preferred the Jay Z only version that was not on the album, with No Hook and Fallin just behind

Word
U talking bout the Don Juan Demarco version, right? :wow:

a1pacino

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's up, bruh? :myman:
Thanks for the feedback! :salute:
I appreciate it.
Nice review :yes:

Word
U talking bout the Don Juan Demarco version, right? :wow:

All good thanks, another great thread!

Not sure of the name of the version but there is one with Jay on the whole song spitting 3 verses, it came it out quite a while before the album did, it was fire.

If I find it I will post it up.

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
All good thanks, another great thread!

Not sure of the name of the version but there is one with Jay on the whole song spitting 3 verses, it came it out quite a while before the album did, it was fire.

If I find it I will post it up.

Thanks bruh, I really appreciate it.
Yeah, the version I had before the album was the Don Juan Demarco version with Pain In Da Ass doing a brief intro :russ:

a1pacino

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thanks bruh, I really appreciate it.
Yeah, the version I had before the album was the Don Juan Demarco version with Pain In Da Ass doing a brief intro :russ:

Just checked YouTube and couldn’t find it on there but Im sure someone on here has it saved and will post it up when they can.

I think I heard it from one of the s.carter unreleased/remixes collections that was posted up with all his rare stuff on back when I used to burn cds for the car!

That collection was fire there was many well known tracks that had ill additional Jay Z verses that he never released and many tracks that I had never heard before

Last edited: