Wage Theft on the Rise in the U.S.

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
It's my understanding that employers are supposed to verify documents. Sounds to me like the employers are to blame, but hey, scapegoating is what's hot in the streets I guess.
they're to blame also. Doesn't take away from the fact that your people are destroying the work force instead of fixing your own country.

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus
they're to blame also. Doesn't take away from the fact that your people are destroying the work force instead of fixing your own country.
lol ok you do realize i'm an american and the largest minority population of LEGAL citizens is also "my people". You're getting mad at citizens. :manny: whatever makes you feel better about your own mediocrity.

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
lol ok you do realize i'm an american and the largest minority population of LEGAL citizens is also "my people". You're getting mad at citizens. :manny: whatever makes you feel better about your own mediocrity.
:stopitslime: so you don't consider anyone that's not an American your family? And the only reason your the biggest "minority" is because of ILLEGAL immigration. Also I do the Hiring breh im far from mediocre but even if I was what does that have to do with Mexicans taking jobs?

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus
:stopitslime: so you don't consider anyone that's not an American your family?
I don't consider anyone i'm not related to "family"...

And the only reason your the biggest "minority" is because of ILLEGAL immigration.
not true
Also I do the Hiring breh im far from mediocre but even if I was what does that have to do with Mexicans taking jobs?
Short of "mexicans" holding a gun to a hiring managers head they aren't taking shyt. They are asking and it's being given. You act like bands of mexicans are jumping HR personnel forcing them to pay them sub par wages.

There's a villain here and it's not the people getting taken advantage of.

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I don't consider anyone i'm not related to "family"...
You said you're an American like that has anything to do with the situation.

Yes it is

Short of "mexicans" holding a gun to a hiring managers head they aren't taking shyt. They are asking and it's being given. You act like bands of mexicans are jumping HR personnel forcing them to pay them sub par wages.

There's a villain here and it's not the people getting taken advantage of.
Like I said before companies are also to blame. Mexicans don't look at themselves as being taken advantage of. If they did this conversation wouldn't be happening.

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus
You said you're an American like that has anything to do with the situation.
Well you said illegals are taking jobs, then said "my people", illegals aren't my people so yeah it sorta does. if we're discussing illegals then a distinction between legal (american) and illegal then it most certainly does matter. Now if you want to adjust your argument from
- Illegals are the problem, to,
- hispanics are the problem let me know as i have responses for both sets of arguments.

Yes it is
http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/00000.html
So here are the numbers, Keep in mind they are estimates so take it for what it's worth.
Estimated population of US in 2013, 316 million
Hispanic population 54 million or 17.10%
Next largest group is A.A. at 41.7 Million or 13.20%
Estimated illegal population in the US 11.5 million or 3.64%
I'll assume for the sake of your argument that the 11.5 is inclusive in the 54 million.
So quick math basically you end up with 54 million minus 11.5 million to get you to 42.5 million LEGAL 100% home grown US citizens who are also hispanic. 42.5 million equates to roughly 13.46 % which is greater than the 13.20% african american population.
:manny: but whatever numbers are just numbers.

Like I said before companies are also to blame. Mexicans don't look at themselves as being taken advantage of. If they did this conversation wouldn't be happening.
Well since we're speaking for large groups of people as if there's no nuance let me have a go at it, but kepe in mind i'll speak from experience in dealing, living, and working with illegals.
They are being taken advantage of here and they know it. The thing is this.
Given the alternative, which is live and attempt to work in Mexico, getting taken advantage of here is not nearly as bad as living there for a large number of people. It doesn't mean they don't know they're are injustices her in the US, it's more that many would rather keep it moving and not rock the boat.

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Well you said illegals are taking jobs, then said "my people", illegals aren't my people so yeah it sorta does. if we're discussing illegals then a distinction between legal (american) and illegal then it most certainly does matter. Now if you want to adjust your argument from
- Illegals are the problem, to,
- hispanics are the problem let me know as i have responses for both sets of argumen
The majority of Mexicans in this country are citizens because their parents or grandparents came here illegally so it's one in the same. I'm not saying Mexicans don't have the right to work. All I'm saying is they are willing to work for so little it's driving down wages. I thought this was common knowledge.
So here are the numbers, Keep in mind they are estimates so take it for what it's worth.
Estimated population of US in 2013, 316 million
Hispanic population 54 million or 17.10%
Next largest group is A.A. at 41.7 Million or 13.20%
Estimated illegal population in the US 11.5 million or 3.64%
I'll assume for the sake of your argument that the 11.5 is inclusive in the 54 million.
So quick math basically you end up with 54 million minus 11.5 million to get you to 42.5 million LEGAL 100% home grown US citizens who are also hispanic. 42.5 million equates to roughly 13.46 % which is greater than the 13.20% african american population.
:manny: but whatever numbers are just numbers.
What does the population count have to do with anything? Yeah they were born here but most of their parents came illegally. But again the problem isn't them working it's that they are nit asking for a wage that matches their productivity which is driving wages and benefits down and putting Americans out of work.

Well since we're speaking for large groups of people as if there's no nuance let me have a go at it, but kepe in mind i'll speak from experience in dealing, living, and working with illegals.
They are being taken advantage of here and they know it. The thing is this.
Given the alternative, which is live and attempt to work in Mexico, getting taken advantage of here is not nearly as bad as living there for a large number of people. It doesn't mean they don't know they're are injustices her in the US, it's more that many would rather keep it moving and not rock the boat.
and this attitude pretty much sums up my point:smugbiden: