Want to get bacc into making beats, a few questions

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1. Should I get a gaming laptop this time around or will a regular laptop be enough

2. Back in my teens we would pirate Fl studio. Reason being you will be able install every other vst by pirating those as well. To my understanding if I actually buy FL studio the right way I won’t be able to important cracked VSTs and plug ins. Is that correct ?
Get a Mac Mini M1 or M2 and Serato Studio.

Wepa Man

Ramblings of an Angry Old Man
Supporter
Daps
I only use SP202 but again I'm a relic

boogers

formerly boogerwolf
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa
i record all my music on a dell latitude e6540. dual core 3ghz 16gb ram. running cubase 5. it works perfectly.

use an older version if you have to i guess

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
ima mainly be making them
On the road in the trucc

Instead of the speakers get you some good mixing headphones. Audio Technicas have good affordable models. I don’t know if you used to hardware or just using fruity loops, but you can still travel with hardware like a machine or MPC. And one of those mini keyboards. A lil 25 key one.

HollywoodP

#LongLive24 #TMC America's Team, Lakeshow, & ASU
Daps
Reppin
The Valley Of The Sun 602🌵480🌵623🌵520
1. Should I get a gaming laptop this time around or will a regular laptop be enough

2. Back in my teens we would pirate Fl studio. Reason being you will be able install every other vst by pirating those as well. To my understanding if I actually buy FL studio the right way I won’t be able to important cracked VSTs and plug ins. Is that correct ?
you should get a capable laptop with alot of ram...not unlike a gaming laptop. You just won't need all the crazy graphics cards and refresh rates tho. The Dell XPS 15 is serving me well. 30 gbs of Ram...hella terabytes of storage. I would not cheap out on the computer. Do your research, get something reputable and that will work for what you're trying to do.

I'm running a cracked version of FL but i kinda regret it. The new version of FL with the Ai Mastering, the Cloud, direct exporting and Stem Seperation is badass. I think you can still import cracked vsts wit it...FL only checks on if you're using a pirited version of their software i believe. Some cracked plugins probably won't work eventually as technology and safe gaurds advance but theres so many free plugins now that shyt don't really matter. The legit version of FL with ongoing updates is def the way to go. I wish I woulda went that route and will probably migrate over when i get the time.

Last edited: