Ward vs Barrera Official Thread: Nothing You Can Do 175lb Edition :wow:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
@krackdagawd, it was reported that Ward's contract beef with HBO was whether he deserved one or two tune ups because his last fight got cancelled. What is your thoughts on that?

Personally I don't mind Ward getting an extra tune up, Ward-Kovalev definitely needs a bit more build up to sell, it isn't quite as natural as Stevenson-Kovalev.
Either way, as long as they meet.

I want to see how he looks here first but if he does get another tune up it should be on the same night kkkov gets his. Give it that old school build up :ohlawd:

Sbp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
tumblr_mvmbwkaQYS1roz7s1o1_400.gif

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I do think Ward should tune up in late May early June and then take on KKKovalev November-December...but watch HBO be on that funny business

HBO is looking to rob Ward.

Not only does Ward have to beat that racist guy, who I give credit to, is a really good fighter, but he has to dominate him. If Ward beats Kovalev 7-5 rounds, they will give the fight to Kovalev.

I think Kovalev is too good of a fighter to really steamroll, so it's just an unfortunate situation for Ward.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
HBO is looking to rob Ward.

Not only does Ward have to beat that racist guy, who I give credit to, is a really good fighter, but he has to dominate him. If Ward beats Kovalev 7-5 rounds, they will give the fight to Kovalev.

I think Kovalev is too good of a fighter to really steamroll, so it's just an unfortunate situation for Ward.

I feel the same way bruh. Ward's style may lead to him getting absolutely robbed on the cards if he doesn't score knockdowns or get a stoppage. We've seen judges not give a damn if one fighter obviously dominate his opponent and it's still scored a close bout (Mayweather-Canelo) by at least one judge.

But before we even get to that fight, let's hope that SOG takes care of Barrera which I fully expect him to.