Was able to finesse a Recruiting job at a firm and will be making substantially more than I make now

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
The thread title said it all, literally been studying for certs and working at my job remotely for most of the year changing my resume around but noticing I wasn't getting any offers or interviews that were talking about any real money. Looked up jobs that pay decently that don't require an advanced degree, spent hours on LinkedIn and Reddit reading books looking at Dei, talent outsourcing, and recruiting resumes, and mirrored mine to look the same. Changed my LinkedIn and I was actually getting hit up daily from jobs. Never done sourcing before ever so I was winging it and learning the interview lingo. After about 16 interviews and 2 being on the verge of offering but not enough money in my opinion, I finally got the hang of ats system's, the questions they would ask in the interview, how to source candidates and how to research candidates.

Had a screening with sed company via phone call, then zoom then spoke with someone else on zoom then an in office interview.

They offered me the job, I negotiated more and I just passed the background check, only negative is its 4 days in the office and one remote and I have to dress business casual which I haven't in 2 years and I lost mad weight (any ideas for best places to cop some beside Uniqlo? that's not too crazy on the bank) and I'm not only the only male, I was the only black man I saw on the floor (the head boss in my dept is a black women)

Before I start, Im obviously gonna do mad research and read books about the industry to prepare myself and I'm not trying to be here for life (maybe it'll give me the push to go to law school) or something but yea I'm gonna try my best and see where this goes. My fallback plan would be tech or something in education but God willing this works so I can at least pah off some debt and save some bread

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
The thread title said it all, literally been studying for certs and working at my job remotely for most of the year changing my resume around but noticing I wasn't getting any offers or interviews that were talking about any real money. Looked up jobs that pay decently that don't require an advanced degree, spent hours on LinkedIn and Reddit reading books looking at Dei, talent outsourcing, and recruiting resumes, and mirrored mine to look the same. Changed my LinkedIn and I was actually getting hit up daily from jobs. Never done sourcing before ever so I was winging it and learning the interview lingo. After about 16 interviews and 2 being on the verge of offering but not enough money in my opinion, I finally got the hang of ats system's, the questions they would ask in the interview, how to source candidates and how to research candidates.

Had a screening with sed company via phone call, then zoom then spoke with someone else on zoom then an in office interview.

They offered me the job, I negotiated more and I just passed the background check, only negative is its 4 days in the office and one remote and I have to dress business casual which I haven't in 2 years and I lost mad weight (any ideas for best places to cop some beside Uniqlo? that's not too crazy on the bank) and I'm not only the only male, I was the only black man I saw on the floor (the head boss in my dept is a black women)

Before I start, Im obviously gonna do mad research and read books about the industry to prepare myself and I'm not trying to be here for life (maybe it'll give me the push to go to law school) or something but yea I'm gonna try my best and see where this goes. My fallback plan would be tech or something in education but God willing this works so I can at least pah off some debt and save some bread
good job

Ish Gibor

Omnipresence
Daps

Congratulation. 🥛🍯

Kenyan West

lazy fba philly nikka,
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia

Interesting.

Mind sharing some tips? What kind of questions were they hitting you with? How long did it take you to feel comfortable on the interviews?

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Interesting.

Mind sharing some tips? What kind of questions were they hitting you with? How long did it take you to feel comfortable on the interviews?
Tell me why you want to get into recruiting, tell me your typical day-to-day, how do you stay organized, talk about a tough time you had and how you dealt with it. About 5 month's of interviews I started to get comfortable and guess the questions and answers, I also googled recruiting questions and practices and searched dei practices.

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Update tomorrow is day 4. Def an adjustment being in the office again Friday is remote though. Tomorrow is the Christmas party. These mfr's have money, they already took me out to lunch and I have another lunch with a client tomorrow. They said the Christmas party would have top-shelf liquor, sushi bar etc. I def need some more business casual clothes. The uniform for men seems to be: white collar button up, light blue or light purple, and or Patagonia vest, company vest or suit. I had a navy blue shirt and felt like a Mississippi pimp. It's kind of a lot of work but some downtime. my boss is a little "Type A" but she's nice.

In the break room lady who looks like Aruti Buko's wife from The Sopranos told me she'll be seeing me at the Christmas Party with a smirk :patrice:

I have a blue cheap suit, its dry cleaned and tailored but it's cheap I'll wear that tomorrow with a white collar shirt no tie. I've been wearing tie all week.

Def have to go shopping when I get paid which is on the 15th and 30th of the month (that sucks) This is also making me want to consider law working in HR and seeing how much some people are making. 280k etc probably gonna stock up on energy drinks too and finish "The Art of Small Talk" this weekend.
'

Kenyan West

lazy fba philly nikka,
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Tell me why you want to get into recruiting, tell me your typical day-to-day, how do you stay organized, talk about a tough time you had and how you dealt with it. About 5 month's of interviews I started to get comfortable and guess the questions and answers, I also googled recruiting questions and practices and searched dei practices.

I had an interview with Ryder for a Driver Recruiter position not too long ago. Went well, I thought.. but got that "we've hired someone else" email smh. Were you able to interview for positions that were primarily remote? I'm a recruiter in an office now, need to make some moves -- over that office life.

What were some of the things that you messed up on during your initial interviews during those 5 months?