Was growing up in the 90's the GOAT era to be a child in?

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Think about it, we didn't have homosexuality being indoctrinated to us. Saturday morning lineup was the GOAT.
We had better shows than the 00's and reruns of the GOAT shows like Thundercats and GI JOE from the 80's. Gargoyles was a real show, not some transgendered shyt like today.

We had the GOAT music to listen too. Not that mumble rap homo shyt like Young THug or bytchass Drake.

We had a mixture of GOAT video games and being outside. Sonic on Genesis for example. Social media wasn't poppin like that except for Myspace and Geocities so nikkas weren't being grimy and glued to the phones like today. So we actually had to be sociable. Compuserve chat room though. :whew:

GOAT movies and actors. Dark skin masculinity was in and wasn't being criticized for it. nikkas had Snipes, the Black Ranger, and Michael Jai White to emulate, not sniveling cowardly nikkas like Kevin Hart. Denzel was in his prime way up to the early 00's. Cartoon movies like Toon Squad and Lion King.

GOAT TV shows. Martin, Family Matters, and Fresh Prince. Enough said. :childplease:

Actual scientific and kid learning shows Bill Nye, Where in the World is Carmen SanDeigo, Reading Rainbow, Lamb Chop.

Add on :ld:

Last edited:

TL15

Veteran
Daps
It's hard to debate it :manny: (but perspective skews things because you only had one childhood)

Growing up in the late 80s early 90s was dope though...

playing outside until the streetlights were on :blessed:

dope cartoons and movies :myman:

the ability to actually be a kid without having a parent taking 50 pictures of you to post on facebook or IG to use you as "their prop" for likes :stopitslime:

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
GOAT athletes to look up too: the GOAT himself MJ, Charles Barkely, Kemp, GP, JR Ryder, Barry Sanders on Thanksgiving, Prime Time.

Oh and MLB was actually watchable. Barry Bonds, Ken Griffey JR, Fred McGriff, the homerun battle between Sosa and McQuire.

The ROCK, Stone Cold, Triple H, Cain, Undertaker, Goldberg, NWO, etc were all in their prime.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
Yep

We had enough technology to make things exciting and also help us adapt to the future wave of technology but not so much as to be overwhelming or get in the way of playing outside, socializing, reading etc.

I personally wasnt scared of being outdoors at night at a young age (may differ with locales) either. But now kids cant be outside at night. 1. Outsiders would assume something is wrong and 2. There are too many demonic creeps

Bumblebreh

Collecting honey and money
Daps
GOAT fashion too...nikkas out here now wearing sizes 5 times smaller to them :hhh:

These new cats will never know the feeling of putting The Revenge of Shinobi or Streets of Rage 2 cartridge in the Mega Drive brehs :ohlawd:

skinny jeans and rainbow hair= daily ass whooping

Face tats = you would end up getting sectioned

dudes had to learn game and speak to women,like actual real women.Seeing a bad one at the library and spitting game.

bbq cook outs in the park

Now the lamest dude you know ca turn into a viral celebrity

Little to no gentrification so no luxury cacpartments

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
The green cable box doubled as a touch down pylon, home base in whiffle ball, safe zone in any hide and seek game involving running. And the local hang out spot

images

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Yeah it was the best time growing up! :ohlawd:

The cartoons! X-Men, Spider-Man, Batman, Darkwing Duck, Gargoyles, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

The adult shows! New York Undercover, Martin, Fresh Prince, Living Single, Roc.

The movies! Menace to Society, Bad Boys, Demolition Man, Die Hard With Vengeance, Friday, Independence Day.

The MUSIC! 2pac, Biggie, Wu-Tang, Mobb Deep, Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, Scarface/Geto Boys, early No Limit.

The sports! :mjgrin:, :ooh::childplease::shaq2::aicmon:

What a time to be alive. :mjcry:

:flabbynsick:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
GOAT athletes to look up too: the GOAT himself MJ, Charles Barkely, Kemp, GP, JR Ryder, Barry Sanders on Thanksgiving, Prime Time.
any mike , tyson , jordan , Jackson.
Plus even baseball was entertaining with Deon Sanders and Bo Jackson. Ken Griffey, Bonds etc
SNL was actually funny with the 90s legends like Farley, Sandler, Spade, Rock, etc and We still In Living to Color compete with that.
We low key still had viral videos with Americas Funniest Home Videos.
Plus Pogs had a nikka taking peoples shyt in 2nd grade like grown ups with Dice.

but by far the very best thing about the 90s was fukkin fruit gushers my nikka,:mjlol::blessed::russ::ufdup:don't hate.
230px-Fruit_Gushers_packaging.jpg

This shyt was like bitcoin in middle school, i could trade a gushers for anything.
Me "trying to be my girlfriend?":ld:
Her "no:usure: don't go chasing waterfalls lil nikka. I don't want no scrubs lil boy,:ufdup:"
Me ":mjgrin:I give you some of my fruit gushers.:shaq:"
Her ":rudy:........ok but only first base"
:ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh:

Last edited:

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
This era is the best imo.
Y'all talked about sports they came up great NBA and the Overall talent is better than the 90s.
The music they can stream from their phone and get anything they want.

They can talk to females without even talking and use text or social media.

I think the Nostalgia of the flabby and sick is going to yall heads...