was Michael a better Godfather then Vito?

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
What book were you reading? the name of title?

I've never read any of these books so which book should I cop or how many books should I buy?
The Godfather by Mario Puzo. Micheal tries to say hes doing it because he has to protect his family but had it not been for his snot jaw getting rocked so hard he was disfigured, he wouldnt have gone through with it.

The movie follows the book for the most part but there are side quests in the book that are very interesting. Its worth reading for the psychology of these mobsters alone.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
I've been meaning to read the novel for the longest. How much more in depth the novel goes as oppose to the movies?
a lot more

even the side characters get explained, like lucy mancini and al neri. the life and career of johnny fontaine has a lot more substance to it, the shift in power from tessio and clemenza to vito...there's a lot more there

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Vito was much better Don than Michael.

Watched GF2 the other day, the way Michael shyts on Tom Hagen for no reason

:smh:

It wasn't for no reason. Tom had the audacity he could control Mike's prospects. That was all revealed at the end of Godfather 2 in the flashbacks. He would never hurt Tom because his father was legitimately close with him.

BreezyH

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
in the films we don't know everything vito did throughout the years, but he seemed to keep the politicians in check and happy and had everyone's respect. vito's generation was more face-to-face type shyt. mike took them to the new generation but his reign wasn't one of adoration or nothing like that and he seemed stressed 24/7, vito had enough control that he seemed a lot more relaxed without being weak

BreezyH

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I liked Vito because he was loved, respected as well as feared. Mike was feared and respected but it didn't seem like the love was always there.

Michael did everything for family. I'll always respect that character trait.

I'll never forgive him for having Fredo murked tho. And he waited till his moms passed too smh.

:what:

lol, well he reunited fredo with his moms asap :pachaha: