Was this the most c00ning Pro-Wrestling gimmick ever?

ShackZilla89

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NoWhere
aNhz9elP.jpg
:why:?!
Granny must've had that torch :whew:, put the world's strongest man to sleep...:myman:

:dead::dead::dead:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
On June 22, 1993, the brothers debuted in WCW as the tag team Harlem Heat, with Booker renamed Kole and Lash renamed Kane. They were then billed from Harlem. Originally, they were supposed to be a pair of wrestling slaves won in a card game by manager Col. Rob Parker, but was changed due to racial sensitivity based on their look, coming out to the ring in wrist and foot shackles.

that shyt would have been the most:mjpls: of all time

See? That shyt, that idea was not only entertained, but formulated in the boardrooms of the WWE corporation. Even if they pulled the plug on that idea at the last minute, its still filled with bigotry.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
See? That shyt, that idea was not only entertained, but formulated in the boardrooms of the WWE corporation. Even if they pulled the plug on that idea at the last minute, its still filled with bigotry.

That was WCW, and long before WWF bought em.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it was WCW where that happened, but see my above post, that was WWE also involving Booker T and Booker ended up losing that feud to the overtly racist heel, who is now running things behind the scenes.

i still like wrestling. i grew up watching it, i respect the art form of having an entertaining fight between two people, but shyt been run by racist scum.

i don't spend money on it though. i pirate that shyt. but sadly i still consume some type of wrestling every month. i guess old habits die hard.:manny:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
You just have to wonder what the boardroom meeting was like where they came up with this idea though
Looking at their promo vid and considering it was 2006, they probably were looking at what was popular, saw G-unit and roided out 50 dominating pop culture with music, video games, and movies and someone said we should have a 50 Cent wrestling gimmick

rs-181901-130053497.jpg

PS6jcP7UKrun7As6kRizgB.jpg

cryme-tyme.jpg

Last edited:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
it was WCW where that happened, but see my above post, that was WWE also involving Booker T and Booker ended up losing that feud to the overtly racist heel, who is now running things behind the scenes.

i still like wrestling. i grew up watching it, i respect the art form of having an entertaining fight between two people, but shyt been run by racist scum.

i don't spend money on it though. i pirate that shyt. but sadly i still consume some type of wrestling every month. i guess old habits die hard.:manny:

I'm not discounting anything you said, tho it took a while, over the past few years we've had multiple Black WWE champions.

Previously, there was only the Rock, whom many ppl feel wasn't viewed as Black.

The most dominant Black female wrestler, Bianca Belair had the title well over a year and before her Sasha Banks. This was at a time when there were Black tag champs and a black world champ (Kofi), followed by another world champ in Bobby Lashley and then another black world champ in Big E.