Was Tupac listening to Daft Punk in '96?

DPG

Banned
Daps
I know this but what I was getting at is we know damn well Pac wasn't the one playing it :martin:

Lance Pierre: Tupac actually did that bassline. He actually sat up on the Moog and punched out each button on that. But Darryl did the beat. 'Pac did that song; a lot of people don't know that. It seemed like 'Pac was getting off into production. That was one of the songs that Tupac actually had a lot to do with as far as the production of it.

:manny:

He played a keyboard on Life Of An Outlaw too.

bigrodthe1

The Kang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
7mile to SE & Uptown!
:manny:

He played a keyboard on Life Of An Outlaw too.
I know you read where Darryl Harper says he did the bassline right :martin: I can only find the article in scan but I know you read that. I'm more inclined to believe the producer but I do believe pac was moving towards production.

Vagina Thief

Your mother has nuts
Daps
Reppin
New York City
so how did he do it then :yeshrug:

He used a low pass filter on a loop of a section of uptown anthem where the bassline cuts through clearly. Along with an added bass played with an actual bass synth and layered on top. A lot of pac's records at the time had real bass guitars on em as well.

So yeah that's how he did it.

Or at least how he told em to do it.

:pacspit:

DPG

Banned
Daps
I know you read where Darryl Harper says he did the bassline right :martin: I can only find the article in scan but I know you read that. I'm more inclined to believe the producer but I do believe pac was moving towards production.

Yeah, I saw that. Pac is credited as a producer too though.

Also, E.D.I. said Pac basically did the whole song with session players:
E.D.I. Mean: Makaveli is an album that 'Pac basically did on his own. I mean production, lyrics... A lot of people don't know that 'Pac was a producer. "Bomb First" was actually a beat he started on. Other people got credit for it, but 'Pac started that beat. The bassline was from Naughty By Nature's "Uptown Anthem." That was a song we always loved. 'Pac was working on the drums and shyt, then a couple of other sessions players came in and we just put it down and it was like the reply to "Hit 'Em Up". It was after "Hit 'Em Up" came out and everybody had their little comments on the song and how they felt about it. 'Pac was like, "All right, I got something else to say and this one is going to start Makaveli off." It's a just a ride track. It's just nikkas riding. Also, it introduced Noble. He was the last official Outlaw. We was all learning that shyt at the same time. So what 'Pac would do, is he would have it in his head and just tell people to do it, like "I want the drums to go like this, I want the bass line to go like that." But also what's crazy is, he had just bought a new house and he had a grand piano up in there and a nikka used to just fukk with melodies on the piano all the time. One of those melodies is actually the melody for "Bomb First". He just came up with it himself. He'd remember the shyt and just go to the studio, play that melody and have somebody loop it, and then just tell nikkas to add drums here, add bass here, add guitar here, add that there, he ain't really know how to program drums and shyt like that, but he know how to program people, Pac was good at that he could get the beat out of people.

So who's telling the truth?:patrice:They were all involved with the song...

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
everyone is basically right in this thread

a producer is a whole different think from a beatsmith

this is a good ass thread ... 2pac had david bryne?!!

Scotch Hall

All Star
Daps
Reppin
#TSC and surgical shoes
listen to the first few seconds

1. I dont hear shyt.

2 sampling noises is an old tactic.

It's from an old sound bank CD.

everyone is basically right in this thread

a producer is a whole different think from a beatsmith

this is a good ass thread ... 2pac had david bryne?!!
I see what your saying but you have to remember to play the game. Both should get the proper documentation and credit a lot of 'beatsmiths' don't unfortunately. It's just a fancy way of fukking over ghost-producers sometimes. "Add the cowbell homie". Beat smiths are integral part of the hip-hop game that are getting downplayed in this current climate.

That's not always the case but I wanted to add my .2

Scotch Hall

All Star
Daps
Reppin
#TSC and surgical shoes
Yeah, I saw that. Pac is credited as a producer too though.

Also, E.D.I. said Pac basically did the whole song with session players:

So who's telling the truth?:patrice:They were all involved with the song...
Sometimes E.D.I isn't a good source, it's most likely a combination of both stories. Remember EDI fukked into the family when 2pac was alive and is breaking bread with the 2pac estate currently. He is the gate keeper and anyone that wants a 2pac feature gets it through him. It's his only source of "real" income. "

Flav

Where the dice game at?
Daps
He used a low pass filter on a loop of a section of uptown anthem where the bassline cuts through clearly. Along with an added bass played with an actual bass synth and layered on top. A lot of pac's records at the time had real bass guitars on em as well.

So yeah that's how he did it.

Or at least how he told em to do it.

:pacspit:

it wasnt a filtered sample. that bassline was replayed for bomb first.
listen to uptown anthem then listen to bomb first. same notes,diffrent sound.

QD3 himself said that was replayed on his message board he had a few years back.

Vagina Thief

Your mother has nuts
Daps
Reppin
New York City
it wasnt a filtered sample. that bassline was replayed for bomb first.
listen to uptown anthem then listen to bomb first. same notes,diffrent sound.

QD3 himself said that was replayed on his message board he had a few years back.

:stopitslime:.

Bruh pull up the wav in any daw and look at the same transients and all.
Less they used the same exact synth bass with the same exact gear and same exact cable set up running through tape.

Flav

Where the dice game at?
Daps
:stopitslime:.

Bruh pull up the wav in any daw and look at the same transients and all.
Less they used the same exact synth bass with the same exact gear and same exact cable set up running through tape.

If you listen to Bomb First you can hear a quick extra note being played that uptown anthem don't have. The producer who made the beat with him said pac replayed the bassline note for note. Go listen to uptown anthem then listen to bomb first you can CLEARLY hear the extra litte note being played on Bomb first.

wZXzFW9.jpg

:sas2:

CHICAGOrilla

All Star
Daps
Pac prolly played the bass notes on some high shyt not realizing at the time that the notes came to his head because he heard em in a Naughty by Nature song. Wasn't he a big treach fan?

Whichever the way, that beat weak as hell:mjlol:

Vagina Thief

Your mother has nuts
Daps
Reppin
New York City
If you listen to Bomb First you can hear a quick extra note being played that uptown anthem don't have. The producer who made the beat with him said pac replayed the bassline note for note. Go listen to uptown anthem then listen to bomb first you can CLEARLY hear the extra litte note being played on Bomb first.

wZXzFW9.jpg

Breh....

read my first post on here. I clearly said they added onto it.
You're proving my point.