Watching top pros play fighting games is just as good as watching real sports competitions

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
-The display of skill, the tension, the hype, people reppin' their countries... It's all so :ohlawd:

Even old ass games like Smash still have new players and folks getting hype.

This classic shyt was like watching an iconic martial arts battle except the fighters are avatars controlled by humans

^^^turned Daigo into a legend.

Hell these fighters have stan bases of their own. Low key, I'm a Justin Wong stan. He was on the other end of the most notorious comeback and went on to become more popular an even better player. #NeverGiveUp

As someone who has played both sports and been in fighting tournaments, they are very similar. I remember going to a local tournament and choking in the first round. :mjcry: You can just see how these top players make their opponents shook.

I'm not at all surprised at how Twitch took off. The whole subculture around this stuff is very interesting.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I agree. There are those who'd say its nerd shyt but if you know how difficult the game can be, watching folks surpass those limits in a competition is highly entertaining.
much like real sports, you have to understand the nuances of what's going on to really appreciate it. otherwise it's like watching a basketball game, and saying "it's just some dudes throwing a ball around"

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Justin Wong's clutch skills, man...

headshake.gif