Water Damaged my iphone. Will genius bar be able to tell if I changed the indicator back to white?

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
2/3 without a phone seems like a lifetime, but in this case its not that bad

man you ain't lying. It really does seem like a lifetime. I mean I got imessage on my ipad, and my work blackberry, and I can borrow my daughter's phone as a 2nd backup, but I can't get jiggy without my main phone.

VladTheImpaler

The Sensational Prince
Daps
Reppin
The Palace of Eternal Sun
so I took it in this morning. and I guess dude was cool, cuz he took it in the back and said :yeshrug: it's water damaged. however, he said he could still replace it free :win:. I guess since the indicator was still white.

however, the problem is they ain't gonna have the phone in stock til wed/thu :sadcam: and I am going out of town thursday. so I need to get this resolved!!

meh, instead of focusing on phone, go outside and play ball or meet some hot babes face to face on some in real life stuff breh.....if only for a few days until you get your phone back...

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
whenever they catch that class action lawsuit, i'm jumping on board w/3+ repairs

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Half the time they dont really pay attention to that shyt, they just replace it

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Half the time they dont really pay attention to that shyt, they just replace it

when I went in there, dude was like, there's water in here. He took it in the back and inspected and shyt. I was like :damn:

then he was like "I like to took out for "us"" :usure: I'm assuming by "us" he meant black people. but dude processed the paperwork and I signed off for the new phone, so I should be able to just come pick it up when it arrives.

man, I'm also real tempted to call the other apple store and see if they will give me a new phone today since my paperwork is in the system already.

Last edited:

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
man I'm in thirst mode. I called the other apple that's like 10 min from where I took it and they said they'd have to check the phone again if I bring it there :whoa:

called the OG spot, and guess what!?!?!? they already got a replacement phone in already, so I'm gonna hop back on the train and pick it up in a couple hours :whew:.

illadope

きんが
Daps
Its literally a flip of a coin if they will care or not. If i was working id hook you up just cuz you attempted to fool me haha.

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
my 4s got water damaged in a cupholder almost just like that.

A Styrofoam cup sprung a leak and i didn't know it was full of water when I sat my phone in there. It's what forced me to finally upgrade to the 5, cause I was holding out

Left it in rice for like a month cause I forgot about it, took it out and it was completely back to normal. It's currently serving as my apple tv remote/ and pandora spotify device for my entertainment system..