Water Damaged my iphone. Will genius bar be able to tell if I changed the indicator back to white?

KingT33

LWO, Raider Nation, Univ of South Central Trojans
Daps
Reppin
A suburb of Los Angeles
Hell no

mine only got half submerged, and it's shot. my daughter once totally submerged my 3rd gen ipod touch in the bathtub and I saw the screen on while she had it in the water, and that shyt had no issues.

You got a faulty S5 b.......

Video is kind of long so here are some cliff notes......
Dude drops s5 in pool for 30 min....S5 jumps out like "thank you sir may i have another" :feedme:

Washes jeans with s5 still in pocket, then throws it in the dryer.....S5 jumps out like
diddybopgif.gif

:whew:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
You got a faulty S5 b.......

Video is kind of long so here are some cliff notes......
Dude drops s5 in pool for 30 min....S5 jumps out like "thank you sir may i have another" :feedme:

Washes jeans with s5 still in pocket, then throws it in the dryer.....S5 jumps out like
diddybopgif.gif

:whew:

Did you read the thread title? See it says "iPhone"? TS has an iPhone 5S not a Galaxy S5

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
my 4s got water damaged in a cupholder almost just like that.

A Styrofoam cup sprung a leak and i didn't know it was full of water when I sat my phone in there. It's what forced me to finally upgrade to the 5, cause I was holding out

Left it in rice for like a month cause I forgot about it, took it out and it was completely back to normal. It's currently serving as my apple tv remote/ and pandora spotify device for my entertainment system..

man, I NEVER keep two phones. as soon as I cop a new one, I sell the old one on craigslist ASAP.

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
man, so after all these years, I finally shattered the screen on my iphone.

I was outside running wednesday, and not paying attention to the cracks in the sidewalk, I trip and fall :noah: and put my hands down to brace myself. well the fall wasn't bad at all, but I had my phone in one hand and when I put my hands down, I landed right on the phone and driving it into the concrete. needless to say, the screen was shattered to bolivia. :why:

so I hit craigslist, and found a spot that was only like 5 minutes away from where I was running who said he could fix it that day. ended up getting it fixed within an hour, and I thought I was :win: and every thing seemed to be working :leon:

so yesterday, I try to make a call, and I notice the volume on the headset is low as hell. I turn that shyt to the max, and I can barely hear. headphones and speakers work fine however. figured, something ain't right, and with this phone being damn near a year old, I take it back to apple, and they give me another iphone. so I'm already on my 3rd phone in a little less than a year :snoop:

I gotta make this one last til next year when the 6S drops so I can upgrade.

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
man, so after all these years, I finally shattered the screen on my iphone.

I was outside running wednesday, and not paying attention to the cracks in the sidewalk, I trip and fall :noah: and put my hands down to brace myself. well the fall wasn't bad at all, but I had my phone in one hand and when I put my hands down, I landed right on the phone and driving it into the concrete. needless to say, the screen was shattered to bolivia. :why:

so I hit craigslist, and found a spot that was only like 5 minutes away from where I was running who said he could fix it that day. ended up getting it fixed within an hour, and I thought I was :win: and every thing seemed to be working :leon:

so yesterday, I try to make a call, and I notice the volume on the headset is low as hell. I turn that shyt to the max, and I can barely hear. headphones and speakers work fine however. figured, something ain't right, and with this phone being damn near a year old, I take it back to apple, and they give me another iphone. so I'm already on my 3rd phone in a little less than a year :snoop:

I gotta make this one last til next year when the 6S drops so I can upgrade.

And that's what I love about apple. My wifes Galaxy 4 sh!t the bed at about the 12 month mark like every single android I've ever bought.
ATT basically told me :ufdup:. So i call samsung, and they tell me I have to ship it back to them at My cost and Maybe it'll be something they can fix for free (sim card removed/reboot error, their fault). I mail it to them, they send it back saying it's fixed and it's still doing the same thing. So my wife is now using the same iphone 4S she also had to use after her Galaxy S3 crapped out on her at the 12 month mark. Mind you the 4s is 3 years old and still being pushed every update to the OS. Whereas the Galaxy S4 only received 1 update the whole time she had it.

After years of smack talk she's finally ready to join #JobsGang for good. I'm gonna hand me down my 5 once the 6 drops. She can stay behind a gen for a while :obama:

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
And that's what I love about apple. My wifes Galaxy 4 sh!t the bed at about the 12 month mark like every single android I've ever bought.
ATT basically told me :ufdup:. So i call samsung, and they tell me I have to ship it back to them at My cost and Maybe it'll be something they can fix for free (sim card removed/reboot error, their fault). I mail it to them, they send it back saying it's fixed and it's still doing the same thing. So my wife is now using the same iphone 4S she also had to use after her Galaxy S3 crapped out on her at the 12 month mark. Mind you the 4s is 3 years old and still being pushed every update to the OS. Whereas the Galaxy S4 only received 1 update the whole time she had it.

After years of smack talk she's finally ready to join #JobsGang for good. I'm gonna hand me down my 5 once the 6 drops. She can stay behind a gen for a while :obama:

say what you want, but those apple nikkas got great customer service. first time I returned that 5S, they weren't even sposed to replace it, since I dropped the phone in a glass of water. but they did anyways, which was cool as hell.

second time, I shattered the screen, and I knew they wouldn't replace that free no matter what. but once I had that fixed, they didn't even argue about replacing that phone. they just checked it out for like 2 minutes and dude is like :yeshrug: "let's get you a new phone". mind you have had 3 iphone 5S and 3 iphone 4S, and NEVER had to have apple care due to this type of customer service.

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
north/clybourn
Yup, if you go to that one and are chill they normally look out. I mess w the one in Orland heavy too. I have them replace my sync cords every time it go to the mall just cause I can. The apple Headphones are part of your warrenty too, go tell them yours started to sound weird and they'll just give u new ones right off the shelf.

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Yup, if you go to that one and are chill they normally look out. I mess w the one in Orland heavy too. I have them replace my sync cords every time it go to the mall just cause I can. The apple Headphones are part of your warrenty too, go tell them yours started to sound weird and they'll just give u new ones right off the shelf.

yeah they treat u good there. I go there mainly cuz its next to the red line stop, or cuz its easy for me to ride my bike over there.