Waynes Albums Are So Forgettable Its Crazy

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Hard disagree. Carter 1 put Wayne on the map as a potential superstar. Carter 2 he had everyone in school calling him the best rapper alive.

nikka. Do you understand the premise of the thread? We talking about NOW, not the impression THEN.

swerve

All Star
Daps
Looking back now it’s crazy to think Wayne had that run and status between 06-14.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
@Reptile
You ain't wrong.

When Wayne was popping his features made the songs. He sounded dope, brought energy to every feature.

But he never made anything substantial. His biggest tracks: A Milli and 6'7 are repetitive as hell.

He rarely made songs. He even said himself he forgets his songs because he mixes up the verses. His verses are mainly him talking slick and sounding good.

You can be mad at what I said but it's all facts and in no way hating. He changed the industry as far as output and signing Drake and Nikki but as a rapper he's great but not a GOAT.

straightcash

All Star
Daps
People DO consider C3 (what became of it) a classic. I never understood it.

But without Evil Empire/Trap-a-holics it ABSOLUTELY was going to be one.
I think you mean The Empire.
Evil Empire
didn't host many Southern rapper mixtapes.

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps
OP's not lying.

Think about how so many rap fans, including some Wayne fans treat his pre-Carter albums as if they don't exist. And even Carter 1 rarely gets brought up these days. Rebirth was horrible and memorable for all the wrong reasons. The IANAHB albums were forgettable outside the lead singles. And none of his 2020's projects get mentioned as bodies of work. And I think that's why the hype for C6 doesn't even feel major this time.

It's like the Carter albums minus the 1st one are Wayne's only memorable projects. He's a mixtape rapper at heart.

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
Wayne ran a whole summer, sold a milli in the first week, had songs leaking every damn day….

U have to be a true Wayne fan to sit though his albums. My cousin used to play C1 every time he came to my grandmothers house and it grew on me.

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
He had the greatest feature run in all hip-hop history. That's how he was able to get away with so many mid albums.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Making fast food music leaves you with a questionable legacy.