WBC PRESIDENT: "if GGG and CANELO can't agree to Fight..then GGG MUST FIGHT CHARLO its his MANDATORY

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
:ehh:

WBC Prez: If No Canelo - Then Golovkin Has To Face Charlo

World Boxing Council President Mauricio Sulaiman has cautioned his middleweight champion, Gennady Golovkin (38-0-1, 34 KOs), that if he doesn't fight Canelo Alvarez in a rematch in September - then he will have to make mandatory defense against WBC interim-champion Jermall Charlo.

Golovkin and Canelo had been negotiating the terms of a rematch for the last few weeks - with the target date of September 15th in Las Vegas.

In the last few days, their negotiations have fallen apart over a tense dispute with respect to the financial split. Canelo is holding strong to a 65-35 split, while Golovkin wants an even 50-50 split.

If the rematch doesn't happen, Golovkin - who holds the IBF, WBA, WBC, IBO world titles - will have to make a mandatory defense against Sergiy Derevyanechenko.

But the WBC believes Charlo is the mandatory fight that needs to happen. Charlo became the mandatory challenger in July 2017, when he won a final eliminator over Sebastian Heiland.

"Golovkin has all our support, but if the fight is not done, he will have to go with Charlo, because the entire history is clear as it is, so we are recommending to him to do what is best for him, because he wants to do the rematch [with Canelo], he wants to earn the money that he will generate there, and he wants that visibility that he has always wanted around the world," Sulaiman told ESPN Deportes.

"He has sacrificed so much for so many years to get to this point and now for something that is not so important [like the financial split] is putting him at risk. It would be strange to me if that fight [with Canelo] is not done."

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
ggg giving up the wbc and will fight a welterweight ranked some where between 80-100 and his stans will be in the boxing thread doing this

full

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Just going off what I have read...so can't say this is 100%, but when holding multiple belts the mandatories go in a rotating order, the one that is due is Derevyanchenko for the IBF, which is why GGG is petitioning to delay in case he fights Canelo in September.

That would mean GGG likely fights Derevyanchenko if Canelo follows through and then I think Charlo would have next...however knowing the WBC they would sell Charlo out if GGG-Canelo then wanted to make a May fight.

Not taking sides, just facts. :manny:

If we are taking sides, personally I don't really care what mandatory or list of top opponents GGG fights cause it looks like sans Canelo the BJS fight isn't in the cards because of the mandatories, which is disappointing. Really wanted to see GGG shut his mouth. After that any of the guys are the same to me. Lots of unproven quality talent that need to get their weight up by fighting an opponent people care about and want the GGG fight to be their "make it" fight. As long as GGG fights a legit opponent if Canelo doesn't want to fight, I'm good.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Just going off what I have read...so can't say this is 100%, but when holding multiple belts the mandatories go in a rotating order, the one that is due is Derevyanchenko for the IBF, which is why GGG is petitioning to delay in case he fights Canelo in September.

That would mean GGG likely fights Derevyanchenko if Canelo follows through and then I think Charlo would have next...however knowing the WBC they would sell Charlo out if GGG-Canelo then wanted to make a May fight.

Not taking sides, just facts. :manny:

If we are taking sides, personally I don't really care what mandatory or list of top opponents GGG fights cause it looks like sans Canelo the BJS fight isn't in the cards because of the mandatories, which is disappointing. Really wanted to see GGG shut his mouth. After that any of the guys are the same to me. Lots of unproven quality talent that need to get their weight up by fighting an opponent people care about and want the GGG fight to be their "make it" fight. As long as GGG fights a legit opponent if Canelo doesn't want to fight, I'm good.

didn't even wait until ggg fight with ranked 97 jr welterweight to start the

s3cIJr6.gif

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
didn't even wait until ggg fight with ranked 97 jr welterweight to start the

s3cIJr6.gif
No spin zone needed. #GGGoodBoys ain't scared of anyone at 160. Bring it on. Just check my history about GGG's next opponent. First to say GGG needs a quality opponent if he doesn't fight Canelo in September.

The real problem is there have become people who have "chosen" fighters who havent proven anything at 160 and think GGG, Canelo and everyone is ducking them. They havent been on the scene or even hot for a minute, yet already being sold the story they are being ducked by every one else.

Like I have said, I am fine with GGG fighting Canelo, BJS, Jacobs, Charlo, Derevyanchenko, Andrade, even Murata...but only one man can get the fight. GGG should schedule vs. one of them, Canelo can fight Spike, and nothing is stopping any of those other cats from fighting each other. Let's get 160 popping. Like I said earlier this week, 160 is hot with talent, but stagnant as fukk cause no one is fighting anyone right now.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
No spin zone needed. #GGGoodBoys ain't scared of anyone at 160. Bring it on. Just check my history about GGG's next opponent. First to say GGG needs a quality opponent if he doesn't fight Canelo in September.

The real problem is there have become people who have "chosen" fighters who havent proven anything at 160 and think GGG, Canelo and everyone is ducking them. They havent been on the scene or even hot for a minute, yet already being sold the story they are being ducked by every one else.

Like I have said, I am fine with GGG fighting Canelo, BJS, Jacobs, Charlo, Derevyanchenko, Andrade, even Murata...but only one man can get the fight. GGG should schedule vs. one of them, Canelo can fight Spike, and nothing is stopping any of those other cats from fighting each other. Let's get 160 popping. Like I said earlier this week, 160 is hot with talent, but stagnant as fukk cause no one is fighting anyone right now.

So they all gotta fight each other and risk taking a L when Charlo is mando, Derev is mando and Jacobs has an arguable W over ggg but Mr. Businessman can fight Vanes and the 128 ranked welterweight of the world after and nikkas will still be talking about Canelo :hhh:.

When ggg doesn't fight ANY of the above names next i'll be tagging you for your next

full

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
So they all gotta fight each other and risk taking a L when Charlo is mando, Derev is mando and Jacobs has an arguable W over ggg but Mr. Businessman can fight Vanes and the 128 ranked welterweight of the world after and nikkas will still be talking about Canelo :hhh:.

When ggg doesn't fight ANY of the above names next i'll be tagging you for your next

full
Had GGG scheduled Vanes as a regular fight I would be right there with ya. I dont have a problem with it since it was short notice.

I wouldn't fight any of the fighters I mentioned on short notice, it would be a rarity in boxing to find a fighter who would take that level of opponent on short notice.

That said, I never run from shyt. If GGG doesn't fight Canelo and he doesn't choose one of the opponents I mentioned, it would be a disappointment and he would deserve the criticism. Doesn't mean I wont still stan him or be a fan. Just means I can be critical of the situation.

I agree those other guys should be protective of their careers...but they deserve criticism as well if they choose bummy opponents when quality ones are available. Same rules as I am laying out for GGG. Like I said, 160 is loaded with talent, Canelo is the cash cow, GGG has the clout, but nothing is stopping EVERYONE at 160 from making hot matches. There is enough talent at 160 to gives us a lot of great fights if guys choose to fight each other.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I agree those other guys should be protective of their careers...but they deserve criticism as well if they choose bummy opponents when quality ones are available. Same rules as I am laying out for GGG. Like I said, 160 is loaded with talent, Canelo is the cash cow, GGG has the clout, but nothing is stopping EVERYONE at 160 from making hot matches. There is enough talent at 160 to gives us a lot of great fights if guys choose to fight each other.
Agreed..this is why divisions like 115, 175, and CW are red hot...nikkas are in the mix fighting...separate yourselves

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
Given the option I'd take GGG vs Charlo over a Canelo rematch being GGG to me beat Canelo already. But with how Boxing's politics are these days, even Jermall knows that fight isn't realistic "yet". If Jermall was in GGG's shoes I'd be hard pressed to believe he wouldn't be trying to land that Canelo fight himself. The irony though is at 36-37 years old GGG is the likelier one to fight Charlo first than Canelo who's the younger guy. Jermall's problem is PBC / Showtime is a ghost town at 160 if we go by "In House" fighting (which still seems to be more of the norm). I'd like to see Jermall against Jacobs, Andrade, BJS but what's really the likelyhood of those happening either? :manny:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Given the option I'd take GGG vs Charlo over a Canelo rematch being GGG to me beat Canelo already. But with how Boxing's politics are these days, even Jermall knows that fight isn't realistic "yet". If Jermall was in GGG's shoes I'd be hard pressed to believe he wouldn't be trying to land that Canelo fight himself. The irony though is at 36-37 years old GGG is the likelier one to fight Charlo first than Canelo who's the younger guy. Jermall's problem is PBC / Showtime is a ghost town at 160 if we go by "In House" fighting (which still seems to be more of the norm). I'd like to see Jermall against Jacobs, Andrade, BJS but what's really the likelyhood of those happening either? :manny:

26 yr old Canelo -Mayweather, Lara, GGG, Cotto, Mosley, Trout

46 yr old ggg- Canelo, Jacobs :francis:, :hhh:, :picard:, :gucci:,

but ggg is the one who would fight Charlo first to you

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
26 yr old Canelo -Mayweather, Lara, GGG, Cotto, Mosley, Trout

46 yr old ggg- Canelo, Jacobs :francis:, :hhh:, :picard:, :gucci:,

but ggg is the one who would fight Charlo first to you

Yea I believe so. GGG doesn't have "Hall of Fame" names on his resume, but resumes in general can be subjective when you take into account when a fighter fought a particular fighter, mentioning Shane is an example. If GGG had beaten a Shane Mosley or Miguel Cotto at the point when Canelo fought them would anyone give him any praise or instead call him a weight bully? :manny: I'll give Canelo fighting Lara and GGG. They took a risk putting him in with Floyd knowing Floyd would more than anything outbox him but not add mileage to Canelo. If Canelo were to beat GGG do you believe a fight with him and Charlo materializes even in a year's time? IMO, No. If Canelo can make just a little less money fighting David Lemieuix and or Spike O Sullivan (which would be easier to make) than he would fighting Charlo why would he go fight Charlo? The reason I think GGG fighting Charlo in the immediate more realistic is because of the green strap and that more than the other titles is the least one I see GGG vacating and I don't see him jumping to 168 cause there's nothing there. We've already seen Canelo hand over a belt so that would also not be out of the question if he beat GGG for it (if he didn't vacate it immediately).

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Yea I believe so. GGG doesn't have "Hall of Fame" names on his resume, but resumes in general can be subjective when you take into account when a fighter fought a particular fighter, mentioning Shane is an example. If GGG had beaten a Shane Mosley or Miguel Cotto at the point when Canelo fought them would anyone give him any praise or instead call him a weight bully? :manny: I'll give Canelo fighting Lara and GGG. They took a risk putting him in with Floyd knowing Floyd would more than anything outbox him but not add mileage to Canelo. If Canelo were to beat GGG do you believe a fight with him and Charlo materializes even in a year's time? IMO, No. If Canelo can make just a little less money fighting David Lemieuix and or Spike O Sullivan (which would be easier to make) than he would fighting Charlo why would he go fight Charlo? The reason I think GGG fighting Charlo in the immediate more realistic is because of the green strap and that more than the other titles is the least one I see GGG vacating and I don't see him jumping to 168 cause there's nothing there. We've already seen Canelo hand over a belt so that would also not be out of the question if he beat GGG for it (if he didn't vacate it immediately).

If that's what you feel that's what you feel but we have evidence showing the contrary. Ya need to stop w this Canelo won't fight xyz because every time it's said he goes and does exactly that.

It's funny you brought up that ggg weight bully shyt :sas1: out of his last 4 fights 2 jr middles, 1 welterweight, 1 REAL middleweight but he gonna fight Charlo next, okay. Like I said when the next fight is announced I'll be here for the

full