We are a fully operational dollar store:The 2019 New York Yankees Season Thread

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Like I said the other day, we need a new starting pitcher NOW!!!!!!

We can't win the World Series with only 1 good starting pitcher :beli:.

BK360NATL

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Clint Frazier is trade bait. Got hurt last season, but this season, played and off-the-fielded himself out of a starting LF spot. If only there was a decent SP out of division to trade him for. Maybe Bauer (not a fan, but we need pitching), can't see Arizona giving up Robbie Ray, don't want MadBum, I really don't know whether trading for Stroman is even worth it, but might the only play.

Between Maybin and Tauchmann, we're covered in the OF for the near future. If Tauchmann keeps it up, Gardner will be done this season. Dude has been effecitve in the field and now the bat is showing some signs.

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
Clint Frazier is trade bait. Got hurt last season, but this season, played and off-the-fielded himself out of a starting LF spot. If only there was a decent SP out of division to trade him for. Maybe Bauer (not a fan, but we need pitching), can't see Arizona giving up Robbie Ray, don't want MadBum, I really don't know whether trading for Stroman is even worth it, but might the only play.

Between Maybin and Tauchmann, we're covered in the OF for the near future. If Tauchmann keeps it up, Gardner will be done this season. Dude has been effecitve in the field and now the bat is showing some signs.

At this point, how is Stroman not even worth a look. He pitches in the same division with a low 3 ERA. That's impressive in itself.

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
Gary has been really bad as of late :francis:

A triple play and two double plays is why they lost this game.

Also, there's no doubt in my mind that by the deadline they will get a starter. No doubt!

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I'm ok with trading Frazier for Stroman as long as we aren't giving up anymore top prospects. I think it has to be pretty clear by now that we need another top 3 starter. We can't be relying on Sabathia and Happ for the 2nd half of the season especially with Tanaka and Paxton being so inconsistent.

BK360NATL

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At this point, how is Stroman not even worth a look. He pitches in the same division with a low 3 ERA. That's impressive in itself.

No, he's pitched okay this season. Nothing against Stroman, but I'd "prefer" dealing Frazier out of the division.

The potentially available SP options this trade deadline is really slim. I'm not against it, but would prefer shooting for the moon (a true #1 or #2 like Scherzer, Ray, Greinke's fickle spirit) before having to settle on Stroman.

The AL East this year, isn't what it normally is. TB and Baltimore don't score runs. Stroman's best month was in April against the likes of Oak2x, Cleveland (who need offense), Baltimore and TB. May & June were middle of the road against better teams. He's started off July pretty good so far.

If he's the option, I'd have to roll with it, but I don't think he's THE key WS title piece. Of course, he'd help, as we are hanging on by a string in the rotation.

BK360NATL

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm ok with trading Frazier for Stroman as long as we aren't giving up anymore top prospects. I think it has to be pretty clear by now that we need another top 3 starter. We can't be relying on Sabathia and Happ for the 2nd half of the season especially with Tanaka and Paxton being so inconsistent.

When is Severino and Montgomery due back????? I know that there should be low expectations for both coming back, but it is some help. I'm hoping we're not falling back on their return. I mean, if Deivi Garcia keeps it up, why not give him a shot as well???

Unfortunately, there just aren't many options for top 3 pitchers on the market this season. I have no idea why Cashman didn't just get Keuschel for the cash when we had the chance.

Now, I'd give up a combination of Frazier, Bird, Andujar, Abreu, Florial, Cessa, Adams and/or Wade to bring back a top 3 pitcher, and it will take something like that to get it done. All of those dudes are now expendable, as we've seen this season. If I'm Cashman and the opportunity to get that top 3 starter is on the table, I'd do it and won't think twice about it. We are that close to competing with Houston, the Dodgers and the Braves for the World Series.