• Dap
Reactions: MMS

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A gorem—duh.

The phrase טוֹב מְאֹד ṭov mʾod does not imply perfection. Neither man nor his environment were ever 'perfect'; both were created imperfect so that man himself could also play a part in creation: this is what we call in Hebrew תִּקּוּן עוֹלָם tiqqun ʿolom (perfecting the world), a concept that is mentioned explicitly in ʿOleinu L'shabbéah—one of the very oldest passages in our formal prayer-liturgy (whose composition is attributed to Moshah Rabbenu's successor, Y'hoshuʿa bin Nun, our second greatest leader ever after Moshah, D'vorim 34:10).

And King Sh'lomoh writes in M'gillath Qohalath what is obvious on the basis of pure logic alone, that

Qohalath
further tells us (in his closing two verses) that

The implication here is that a person receives an individual reward for each 'rightful' (טוֹב ṭov) action and suffers an individual punishment for each 'wrongful' (רַע raʿ) action. The words טוֹב ṭov 'good' and רַע raʿ 'bad'—or equivalently צַדִּיק ssaddiq 'righteous' and רָשָׁע roshoʿ 'wicked'—should not be considered as absolutes but rather as contrasting terms or relative concepts. On the other hand, we also find the term ssaddiq being used to describe a person like No'ah (B'reshιth 6:9) who is תָּמִים tomim 'perfect' or like ʾIyyovIyyov 1:1) who is תָּם וְיָשָׁר tom w'yoshor ('perfect and upright'); but these terms are used in a relative sense, for it is recognized that man is liable to err and go astray and hence fallible. Indeed, Sh'lomoh tells us that there is not a man in the World who is such a ssaddiq that he never errs.

There are three iterations of the creation narrative, but only one sequence of events:

In regard to commentary on the subject: רַב שִׁמְשׁוֹן רְפָאֵל הִירְשׁ ,רַב אַרְיֵה לֵוִין, and רַב יוֹסֵף דֹּב הַלֵּוִי סוֹלוֹבֵייְצִיק - to mention just a few.

We are allowed, and even expected, to question everything other than the Ramba"m's שְׁלֹשָׁה עָשָׂר עִקָּרִים 'Thirteen Principles':

The formula -אֲנִי מַאֲמִין בֶּאֱמוּנָה שְׁלֵמָה שֶׁ ʾani maʾamin baʾamunoh sh'lemoh sha- which introduces each of the 'Principles' is conventionally translated verbatim as 'I believe with perfect faith that...'—I have rendered this using the more colloquial 'I firmly believe that...'

that’s a nice way to look at it.

no man is perfect

but Jesus was sinless according to Christians (and I guess Muslims but they don’t count) so he did what Adam couldn’t do in a sense

I still think Adam was made with the intention of being “good” or perfect other than why would God knowingly create something flawed on purpose

Adam sinned because he had free will and is just a “man” in contrast to Jesus.

nobody (other than Jews) find any fault in Jesus or his teachings

of course “God” cannot sin anyways.

On a side note, thanks to Koichos I now know where Raphael Saadiq gets his last name from :banderas:

• Dap

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Last edited:

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
@Koichos

Zipporah - Wikipedia
Genesis 3:12-15
12 And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.

13 And the Lord God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

14 And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Last edited:

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
what was it you saw?

This right here I think

Warning. I didn't rewatch these but it looks familiar to what I saw before.

In general there's a whole branch of scholarship that examines this subject. So get to Googlin

And a slimmed down excerpt which is seemingly pretty juicy.

• Dap

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
This right here I think

Warning. I didn't rewatch these but it looks familiar to what I saw before.

In general there's a whole branch of scholarship that examines this subject. So get to Googlin

And a slimmed down excerpt which is seemingly pretty juicy.

perhaps pattern was their intent

:ehh: in either case, it would appear the law of the first page of the Bible is still intact :ohlawd:

what possesses a man to say "i speak for God" :dahell:

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
it's hilarious when you realize folks seriously living their life according to the accounts of folks that were literally out of their minds whether from mental illness psychoactive substances or near death experiences ha*
Pandora's box - Wikipedia

According to Hesiod, when Prometheus stole fire from heaven, Zeus, the king of the gods, took vengeance by presenting Pandora to Prometheus' brother Epimetheus. Pandora opened a jar left in her care containing sickness, death and many other unspecified evils which were then released into the world.[4] Though she hastened to close the container, only one thing was left behind – usually translated as Hope, though it could also have the pessimistic meaning of "deceptive expectation".[5]

From this story has grown the idiom "to open a Pandora's box", meaning to do or start something that will cause many unforeseen problems.[6] A modern, more colloquial equivalent is "to open a can of worms".[7]

:banderas:
backup-stop.gif

We are living in a world of illusion

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
you on your victory through confusion shyte ha*
Epimetheus - Wikipedia
While Prometheus is characterized as ingenious and clever, Epimetheus is depicted as foolish.

Skill is far weaker than Ananke

Aleph - Wikipedia

Aleph, in Jewish mysticism, represents the oneness of God. The letter can be seen as being composed of an upper yud, a lower yud, and a vav leaning on a diagonal. The upper yud represents the hidden and ineffable aspects of God while the lower yud represents God's revelation and presence in the world. The vav ("hook") connects the two realms.

Shin (letter) - Wikipedia

The 13th-century Kabbalistic text Sefer HaTemunah, holds that a single letter of unknown pronunciation, held by some to be the four-pronged shin on one side of the teffilin box, is missing from the current alphabet. The world's flaws, the book teaches, are related to the absence of this letter, the eventual revelation of which will repair the universe.

Psalm 2:1
1 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?

Last edited: