"We Got a Senior Slump in Wentzylvania" *2020 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread*

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
If they release Malik Jackson, Desean Jackson, Alshon Jeffrey. Trade Brandon Graham for a draft pick. Restructure Cox's Brook's and Johnson's deals for a smaller cap hit in 2021 and back load it, Also Derek Barnett can get extended to lower his 10 mill cap hit for the 2021 season. They can get about 10-15 million under the cap with Wentz and Ertz still on the books.

This is how the Gilmore trade could work

Its a trade scenario, its a salary for salary trade.

Gilmore was available at the trade deadline since the pats dont want to extend him, he has a 17 million cap hit in 2021

Wentz got a 34 million cap hit and about low 30 plus million in dead cap money if they trade him before the third day of the new league year and Ertz got a 12 million cap hit with about 3-4 million in dead money if you trade him before the third day in the league year.

The trade is essentially Gilmore for Ertz since Wentz would be a wash as cap relief cause of the dead money. Bonus is that you unload Wentz with him and get cap relief in 2022.

Both teams walk away happy since it finally solves our corner problem and the Pats get Wentz who is an upgrade over Cam at this point with his favorite target Ertz there.

Gilmore gets a contract extension, Ertz does too and Wentz gets a new team.

Eagles would have like 10 -12 million for free agents and rookies.

Don't want Gilmore enough of the aging over 30 vets. We need to get younger. The water and air in Philly is bad.

Box Factory

haha
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Nah. I need full black corner. Trust me
0157d937b9fa19bec5d415b757b3666b.gif

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
I forget about the post June cut...even if you do a post june designation wouldnt Alshon dead cap still be 10M and Desean 6M?

I agree with you on Maddox...I have long supported the idea of moving him to FS.
Basically it splits that dead money in-between two years, so Alshon would only be a $5m dead cap hit this year rather than $10m, and they'd get $13m in new cap space rather than $8m.

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang
Don't want Gilmore enough of the aging over 30 vets. We need to get younger. The water and air in Philly is bad.

Im just sayin, we tried the young corner route, and those nikkas were hurt all the time and got beat too, Sidney Jones, Rasul and Avonte Maddox, that secondary was part of the reason we had this putrid season:mjlol:.

This is the only sure fire way to stop the nonsense in the secondary. Gilmore is still top 5 in the game and he is 30. I ve had enough. Lets just cross our fingers on the injury front.

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
Im just sayin, we tried the young corner route, and those nikkas were hurt all the time and got beat too, Sidney Jones, Rasul and Avonte Maddox, that secondary was part of the reason we had this putrid season:mjlol:.

This is the only sure fire way to stop the nonsense in the secondary. Gilmore is still top 5 in the game and he is 30. I ve had enough. Lets just cross our fingers on the injury front.
Then when he’s 32 you’ll be complaining that we only got old nikkas on the team :unimpressed:

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Josh Allen (this year) is what y’all thought Wentz would be :mjcry:
I'm HURT watching Josh this year, that was our guy before that fatal dive into the endzone at the Coliseum :mjcry: I wipe these tears with that SB ring but it still hurts knowing we were robbed of at least 5 more years of Carson in his physical prime before the ACL & back fracture sped that clock up :mjcry:

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
I'm HURT watching Josh this year, that was our guy before that fatal dive into the endzone at the Coliseum :mjcry: I wipe these tears with that SB ring but it still hurts knowing we were robbed of at least 5 more years of Carson in his physical prime before the ACL & back fracture sped that clock up :mjcry:
nikka aged like milk on a sunny day.:scust:

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
It's obvious his biggest issues were QB fundamentals (easily correctable), lack of talent at WR, lack of innovation in gameplan and playcalling, lack of commitment to run, and a shoddy o-line. A perfect storm of problems.

but I'm gonna let you cook.
It was a simple question.