We Must Cancel Everyone’s Student Debt, for the Economy’s Sake

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
so if they're not cut out for a trade or any form of useful higher education (this includes certificate programs) then what is their purpose?

and you've provided zero :yeshrug:

Y’all are making the point that people should try trades instead of “bullshyt” majors ignoring the fact that there are “bullshyt” trades

The problem as I said earlier is that all degrees cost the same

An English major should not be priced the same as a chemical engineer.

There’s plenty of data out there to accurately price degrees that will make paying them back based on future earning fair

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y’all are making the point that people should try trades instead of “bullshyt” majors ignoring the fact that there are “bullshyt” trades

There’s plenty of data out there to accurately price degrees that will make paying them back based on future earning fair
well i dont disagree with that :yeshrug: kinda hard to do, though. if you have an issue with the cost of the school, go to another one, go to a state school. not to mention people already pick out schools by the program. some have good english, some are good engineering

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
There’s demand for college graduates too
is there? :francis:

whats your typical job application

3 years experience, 5 years, 7 years ....ad nauseum

something has to give and its how education is being sold

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
is there? :francis:

whats your typical job application

3 years experience, 5 years, 7 years ....ad nauseum

something has to give and its how education is being sold
Making the access to afford college tougher isn’t the solution tho

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Making the access to afford college tougher isn’t the solution tho
the solution is that colleges are businesses and are gonna charge what they want.

unless someone offers a cheaper solution to the market the current ones will stay in place

the cheaper "for-profit" colleges are already hard at work for the people who can't afford state schools and ivy league.

But it should be obvious why folks still will pay more for established names. You are paying into that college for more than just the education

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal

i don't disagree with any of that in bold.

well those bullshyt trades don't cost nearly as much if at all as some of these bullshyt majors. nationally you can learn a trade for free with jobcorps. in florida (and i'm sure other states as well) there are free apprentice programs where you spend the day for example working at an electrical company for $10-11 an hour and go to school in the evenings a couple times a week for theory work and after 4 years you can be a journeyman electrician. it's like that because the older folks that generally occupy these fields need to be replaced so they are desperate.

Last edited: