We need to have a conversation about streaming numbers for Hov's classics

Prodigital

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jayz was basically drake on terms of making contemporary music.

It takes skill to stay relevant the way he did for almost 20 straight years, but not gonna say he did it without sacrificing artistry. I think jay wohld say that as well.

4:44, WTT, BP1, and RD are solid classics. Not bad fo a career.

And BP1 probably got more spins from me than any album ive owned, but i played that shyt to death. I bet a lot of jay fans feel the same.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Vol. 2 had three Swizz Beats and grimier street oriented approach compared to the pop Bad Boy approach and Hitmen beats on Vol. 1

But we coulda pointed out he jumped on the Southern and West Coast waves as early as Vol. 2

Three Swizz tracks makes this no more a Ruff Ryders album than Busta's E.L.E which dropped the same year.

The Hitmen were also on Vol. 2.

Daps
Might just be that his biggest and most popular singles with the streaming demographic happen to be on WTT and BP3. I don't know if you can measure his popularity via Spotify alone though.

KillKenny

Pro
Daps
It is weird, I'll be honest. Maybe it is related to the fact his catalogue wasn't on most platforms, I understand these are weekly data but it can still impact because his music is probably ain't on a lot of playlists etc. Not everyone is checking daily if his music is in Spotify, if you once knew its not there well... That's it.

I'll add that a lot of acts have built their legacy, like the Wu series, the NWA movie, the Dre super ball show, Not even to mention Pac/Big culture status. Jay been trying to "stay relevant" rather relay on his old classics. I wonder how far behind is 4:44 for example