We're Cookin Now! Back to the 'Offs with O'Antoni! 2016 Rockets Season Thread

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Need upgrades from Ariza/Anderson and a legit backup big for Capela, somebody that could play even minutes with him. Ryno is money when he's on, but when he's not, he's a total waste of 6'10"/240. Harrell needs to be getting a fair shot at PF/some backup C. Who cares about him working on 3 pointers, he should be a bruising athletic post player with an occasional mid-range jumper. Damn near every Spurs player had mid-range to fall back on while the Rockets were shytting their pants.

Tha_Mac

and this is Life As Tha Mac
Daps
@DonKnock @Hiphoplives4eva @GilSho @MilesTailsPrower @who_better_than_me @Primetime

:patrice: That was absolute trash last night. Embarrassing, disgraceful and even disrespectful to the game of basketball. There's no way I can even wear those Harden's I copped ever again. I know this shyt won't happen but I wouldn't even mind if the Rockets explored trade options for Harden at this point. It's some talent in the draft and Phoenix got players that they could give back.

I don't know but what are ya'll thinking about what happened last night and the upcoming offseason?

Daps
@DonKnock @Hiphoplives4eva @GilSho @MilesTailsPrower @who_better_than_me @Primetime

:patrice: That was absolute trash last night. Embarrassing, disgraceful and even disrespectful to the game of basketball. There's no way I can even wear those Harden's I copped ever again. I know this shyt won't happen but I wouldn't even mind if the Rockets explored trade options for Harden at this point. It's some talent in the draft and Phoenix got players that they could give back.

I don't know but what are ya'll thinking about what happened last night and the upcoming offseason?
:mjgrin:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
It would be very dumb to try to have him in trade talks, and every GM in the league would laugh behind Morey and Les' backs while offering Raymond Felton/Austin Rivers or CJ Miles/Monta Ellis for him. Delete that post and take a coli break man, a bunch of fans are disappointed but not totally irrational

Tha_Mac

Daps
It would be very dumb to try to have him in trade talks, and every GM in the league would laugh behind Morey and Les' backs while offering Raymond Felton/Austin Rivers or CJ Miles/Monta Ellis for him. Delete that post and take a coli break man, a bunch of fans are disappointed but not totally irrational

I ain't irrational I just don't know how I can root for this team again. I will becuz this is my team but if I wasn't from Houston there's no way I could root for this team.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Same here. That game was truly disrespect. I'm always open to trade offer as long as we get fair value.

I give the MVP to Westbrook now. At least TMac went down shootin and I dispised TMac to the highest order.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I ain't irrational I just don't know how I can root for this team again. I will becuz this is my team but if I wasn't from Houston there's no way I could root for this team.
i put that game squarely on harden. As far as I'm concern the rest of the squad are absolved of blame after that mysterious performance from Harden.

Tha_Mac

Daps
i put that game squarely on harden. As far as I'm concern the rest of the squad are absolved of blame after that mysterious performance from Harden.

Ariza went out like a soldier, Gordon was trying but Spurs defense was tough as well. I think the team played hard but eventually followed Harden's lead who wasn't into it from the start. When you see your so called leader defeated it's only so much you can do as a role player which is why they only ended up with 75 points.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Same here. That game was truly disrespect. I'm always open to trade offer as long as we get fair value.

I give the MVP to Westbrook now. At least TMac went down shootin and I dispised TMac to the highest order.

The MVP race was over a month before the playoffs started. Harden could have went 40/15/10 last game and it would have had no barring on the MVP race, since this is the playoffs and not the regular season. Also, T-Mac wouldn't have gone down shooting, as he would have already been hurt/injured, and wouldn't have had the opportunity to even be on the court to know what he would have done. There's a reason he never made it out the first round.

Sounds like you clamour for the glory days of Kevin Martin/Luis Scola/Courtney Lee, cause that's what the team would look like without Harden, the world's greatest 9th place team. Not discounting how miserable Harden was since the end of game 5, but the other problem with this team is a flawed philosophy. You have a bunch of players who very well can go mid-range, but you cut them off just to fit this 3 and layup approach. Also, with Harden as your #1, your #2 can't be Ariza/Beverley/Nene/Capela/Eric Gordon. Check out other top team's #2/#3 players and let people know who you'd rather have. Curry/Klay/Draymond, Kawhi/LMA, LeBron/Kyrie/Love. Horford is better than any of the guys after Harden. So is Paul Milsap (who I wanted instead of Anderson :martin:). Harden isn't absolved of any blame at all, but let's not act like we'd be better without him, trading him for a bunch of fringe players.