West African frozen food line now at Whole Foods, & now at Kroger, & Target

Daps
So, the local West African eateries don't have to worry about this cutting into their business?

hehehe

I can see this line being big with bi-cultural families where the woman is continental African, like the owners of the brand.
The wife might be a professional who doesn't feel like cooking, but wants to share part of her culture with her family.
As people from different cultures inter-marry I can see this line or idea taking off.

I can see a lot of white people buying this, and being really hyped about trying ethnic food. Then, prepare for all the white suburban moms doing their YouTube versions of jollof rice.

Plus, a lot of ADOS have no connection to African culture, so we’ll buy it too.

:manny:

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
So, the local West African eateries don't have to worry about this cutting into their business?

hehehe
Not a chance. Frozen ethnic foods are typically for white people. black people (and other groups) prefer their food hot and fresh.

This is like when you see frozen tikka masala or frozen taquitos in the grocery. You would get laughed out of the building if you brought that to a party

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
nah im cool. my akata money not good enough for such fine cuisine.

imma chill over here with my RAP SNACKS though.
boosie-puffs_550x825.png

and my rap noodles
s-l640.jpg
:feedme:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I don't think that the primary audience for frozen ethnic food is a culinarily curious white person.

I might have some frozen Tower Isles and Golden Krust patties somewhere in my freezer right now.

192553-600x600-A.jpg

Now, an actual Jamaican man from a JA mom and with a JA wife probably doesn't buy frozen patties, but a lot of non JAs and non whites do.