West African frozen food line now at Whole Foods, & now at Kroger, & Target

qwer

Banned
Daps
nikka on here tried to tell me I couldn’t eat Senegalese food because I said I have no connection to West African culture. :russ:
Nah because you talk shyt about you not being west African despite the fact that as an African American you are.So I called out your self-hating c00n self

Cereal_Bowl_Assassin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Lol thats whats up and i hope they are successful but they couldn't come up with a better name lol...ayo is a common name like Mike or Michelle...but regardless eventbough my fam would look at me like :gucci: for trying prepackaged food I will give it a shot

4-Rin

Superstar
Daps
The coli has no problem with frozen Asian, Italian or Mexican food but have problems with frozen African food :ohhh:

I'll try it out :mjgrin:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
164591700_3519612548143708_6497320072381598359_n.jpg
03/24/2021
Its #winningwednesday and we're excited that New Voices Family company, AYO Foods will be the first recipient of funding from the CAST US Fund by Cleveland Avenue, a Chicago-Based venture capital firm headed by Former McDonald's CEO, Don Thompson .

Congratulations to AYO Foods on garnering this investment.

Read this Chicago Tribune article about Cleveland Avenue, Mr. Thompson and how the 70 million dollar CAST US Fund will benefit AYO Foods and other Chicago-based minority owned companies!

#newvoicesfamily
Don Thompson grew up near Cabrini-Green and went on to lead McDonald’s. Now the former fast-food CEO wants to bring South and West side businesses to the table.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

Hyde Park couple's West African food line partners with Top Chef alum on new dishes

• Jul 22, 2021
60f9f24841b41.image.jpg

• Email

AYO Foods, the popular line of West African frozen food owned by Hyde Parkers Perteet and Fred Spencer, has partnered with former Top Chef contestant Eric Adjepong to introduce a pair of new recipes.

Adjepong, who was a finalist on season 16 of the reality television show, draws on his Ghanaian heritage when cooking. (“He was the first West African contestant on Top Chef,” the New York Times wrote after his appearance, “introducing some viewers and judges to dishes like fufu and egusi stew.”) Perteet Spencer said that he shares a mutual desire with the AYO Foods couple to bring West African food to more people.

“AYO is a community centered around a celebration of West African food and when you look at folks to be key in this community, Chef Eric was on the top of our list,” said Perteet. “We are so incredibly excited to partner with him this way and bring his dishes to more people.”

The two new dishes will be waakye, a blend of Sea Island red peas and jasmine rice slow-cooked with coconut oil and millet leaves, and chicken yassa — braised and marinated chicken with caramelized onions.

“Our inaugural partnership with Chef Eric paves a way for more partnerships in the future and bringing in known West African experts in the culinary world,” said Perteet.

Since launching AYO Foods in mid-2020, making it the first West African frozen food line in the United States, Fred and Perteet have expanded to 250 retail stores across the country. (Their goal is to hit 3,500 within another year.) The dishes they currently sell include jollof rice and cassava leaf stew; they also recently introduced puff-puff, a sweet, fried bread, as well as a pair of hot sauces sold exclusively at Fresh Markets.

“There’s a lot of pride, a lot of excitement for what’s to come. But there’s lots more to do,” said Perteet

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
AYO Foods Expands as West African Favorites Now Available at Kroger Locations Nationwide

Aug 24, 2021

CHICAGO-- AYO Foods, a premium frozen food brand delivering an authentic and delicious line of West-African inspired cuisine, today announced that its products are now available across the U.S. at Kroger, and Kroger owned banners nationwide. Kroger will be carrying some of the company's most popular offerings including Jollof Rice, Puff Puff, and two recently launched items in partnership with Bravo TV's Top Chef, Eric Adjepong, Chicken Yassa and Waakye. The company's new partnership with Kroger, along with a growing body of fast-growing regional grocers like Mom's Organic have led to an 80x increase in distribution for AYO, allowing them to meet the growing demand for the flavors of West Africa nationwide.

Consumers can find the brand's most popular dishes at Kroger nationwide including:

• Chicken Yassa – Marinated chicken thighs, caramelized onions, lemon and dijon, served over jasmine rice
  • Waakye – Anson Mills red peas and jasmine rice slow cooked with sorghum leaves and served with a delicious red sauce.
  • Jollof Rice – One pot rice, spiced and stewed in an aromatic base of tomatoes, peppers, and onions.
  • Puff Puff – Subtly sweet, yeast-based dough, lightly fried to be enjoyed as a sweet or savory side.
AYO Foods can be found in the frozen-food section with a suggested retail price of $5.99. The rich flavors come from sustainably-sourced ingredients inspired by founders Perteet and Fred Spencer's family traditions