Westside Gunn making the roc nation move?

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
Westside gunn talks about nothing but his clothes ... :heh:

Their production makes his songs sound like some real street shyt...but he really just name drops clothing brands

Also...they've been affiliated with roc nation for a while :sas2:

Cookin up dope and shootin nikkaz

I like both Conway and Westside Gunn but both them brothaz are very one one dimensional

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State
Cookin up dope and shootin nikkaz

I like both Conway and Westside Gunn but both them brothaz are very one one dimensional

i think 'The Cow' off Hitler 3 showed alot of depth from Conway. they mostly stay in the goon/fashion lane but Hommy and Conway got bars lowkey

as far as the RN possibility, im sure they'll let them do what they want just gives them more exposure. cant hurt, they'll never be Billboard guys but i could def see a lane for them for a number of years. keep the prod tight and keep the core 4 mc's around

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dude doesn't make music that would appeal to typical your Jane and Joe mainstream music fan
I doubt he would get signed to Roc Nation.

It's not about mainstream radio. It's about having a unique sound that people may gravitate to if they knew it existed. This video has 200k views but it might have 2 million if he had better promotion and more access. You can't tell me Joey Badass can move units, but these dudes can't. Gunn has that youthful obnoxious energy that teenagers gravitate to.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Westside gunn talks about nothing but his clothes ... :heh:

Their production makes his songs sound like some real street shyt...but he really just name drops clothing brands
Also...they've been affiliated with roc nation for a while :sas2:

lulz your username is "Lil Bape the PostGod" so I'm not sure if you're bigging dude up or hating. I mean it seems like he's repping for folks like you.

And that's not a shot at you, it's just like if you saw me in a post dissing Jay Electronia's music. It's like "Nygga your username is Wizworld, Jay Electronica sounds right up your alley".

BodeineBrazy

hehehehehehehehehe
Daps
Reppin
Philly, Norfside
It's not about mainstream radio. It's about having a unique sound that people may gravitate to if they knew it existed. This video has 200k views but it might have 2 million if he had better promotion and more access. You can't tell me Joey Badass can move units, but these dudes can't. Gunn has that youthful obnoxious energy that teenagers gravitate to.

:stopitslime:
teenagers where? not in no fukking NY.
grimey music isn't supposed to have bounce to it, that's not their lane.
thats my poiint, them nikkas have a lane. Dudes complaining like these nikkas supposed to be hotter than A Boogie or Dave East. They from Buffalo NY, they old, they rap with no rhythm or swag. It's off brand QB 90's rap. This shyt for white nikkas who go to shows to nod off beat, and old nikkas who out of touch like @wizworld who think Westside Gunn can appeal to teens. LMAO... young dudes listen to A Boogie and Migos nikka. These dues are boring and they dont really have bars like that.

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
:stopitslime:
teenagers where? not in no fukking NY.

thats my poiint, them nikkas have a lane. Dudes complaining like these nikkas supposed to be hotter than A Boogie or Dave East. They from Buffalo NY, they old, they rap with no rhythm or swag. It's off brand QB 90's rap. This shyt for white nikkas who go to shows to nod off beat, and old nikkas who out of touch like @wizworld who think Westside Gunn can appeal to teens. LMAO... young dudes listen to A Boogie and Migos nikka. These dues are boring and they dont really have bars like that.
nikka fucc your feelings. Grimey shyt is lame to nikkas who use trends to be cool. Jay had beyonce ridin round to pimp c. Smh ny doesnt dictate cool, they just ride waves now a days. These nikkas are old they are contemporary hip hop. But heres the thing, thats whos movin units. Scarface n tribe outsold 80% of hip hop this year. shyts shiftin away from what young people SAY they like but dont buy. A boogie loaf gon be iighthe can rap low key but stop dissin the only thing the rest of the world cares about in ny. Boom bap. Dont listen to me look around. Your biggest n best artist n producers are old and make old school shyt. Your podcasters? Old too. Yall dont matter like u think u do no more. Not even to yourselves.

BodeineBrazy

hehehehehehehehehe
Daps
Reppin
Philly, Norfside
nikka fucc your feelings. Grimey shyt is lame to nikkas who use trends to be cool. Jay had beyonce ridin round to pimp c. Smh ny doesnt dictate cool, they just ride waves now a days. These nikkas are old they are contemporary hip hop. But heres the thing, thats whos movin units. Scarface n tribe outsold 80% of hip hop this year. shyts shiftin away from what young people SAY they like but dont buy. A boogie loaf gon be iighthe can rap low key but stop dissin the only thing the rest of the world cares about in ny. Boom bap. Dont listen to me look around. Your biggest n best artist n producers are old and make old school shyt. Your podcasters? Old too. Yall dont matter like u think u do no more. Not even to yourselves.

this post makes no sense.

So im just gonna chalk it up to you being a fukking idiot and move on. Nothin to see here.

you old, these nikkas is old. nothing wrong with that. but Hip Hop is about fun, and people want to smile and dance and enjoy themselves.