Westside Gunn making the roc nation move?

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
Perfect example... nikkas sound like Theodore Unit lmao... or them IceWater nikkas... shyt is cheesy and dated.

Dudes too thirsty to make something dope.

I'm not saying it's not space for these nikkas. But these dudes aren't getting shafted, they r boring.

Biggie, Wu Tang, Nas, Jay were all exciting, had bangers and made u move.

These nikkas are dry as fukk.

You earned this neg, breh

BodeineBrazy

hehehehehehehehehe
Daps
Reppin
Philly, Norfside
You earned this neg, breh

Give me one song by these nikkas like "one more chance" "hate me now" or "big pimpin"...

Give me one that's like "still not a playa" or "throw it in the bag" or "hot nikka", "run Ricky run" "type of time" "work" or any of the new ny joints.

They are fukking boring!!!!! I didn't say they wack.

But them nikkas are not for NY reppin.

They the epitome of that Cornega, Roc Marciano, Brownsville Ka type of lane. I like Mega and Roc. But that shyt has a ceiling.

I like them. But they not Roc Nation material. They are dry... be honest with yourself.

How r u disputing they dryness.

Give me something from them I can play in the whip, or around some bytches.

Great rappers do both.

Nas, Jay, Fab... newer nikkas like Dave East, Don Q, or Manolo Rose have that excitement to they music.

These nikkas dry.

Why r y'all lying to yourselves!??!?!?!?

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
Give me one song by these nikkas like "one more chance" "hate me now" or "big pimpin"...

Give me one that's like "still not a playa" or "throw it in the bag" or "hot nikka", "run Ricky run" "type of time" "work" or any of the new ny joints.

They are fukking boring!!!!! I didn't say they wack.

But them nikkas are not for NY reppin.

They the epitome of that Cornega, Roc Marciano, Brownsville Ka type of lane. I like Mega and Roc. But that shyt has a ceiling.

I like them. But they not Roc Nation material. They are dry... be honest with yourself.

How r u disputing they dryness.

Give me something from them I can play in the whip, or around some bytches.

Great rappers do both.

Nas, Jay, Fab... newer nikkas like Dave East, Don Q, or Manolo Rose have that excitement to they music.

These nikkas dry.

Why r y'all lying to yourselves!??!?!?!?

You'll never get the minutes back that it took you to write this long ass post that no one will read, breh

BodeineBrazy

hehehehehehehehehe
Daps
Reppin
Philly, Norfside
You'll never get the minutes back that it took you to write this long ass post that no one will read, breh
Eat a dikk who cares. U deflecting cuz I have no rebuttal white boy. Get these dry upstate nikkas from outta here.

Buffalo ain't NY, tri state don't wanna hear that wack shyt.

Daps
This music ain't for young nikkas anyway

They grown men making music for them

I feel like westside overatted though
I fukks with Conway way more

More people fukkin with Westside cause the voice aint matchin with how he looks
Plus the fact that he can actually spit and has memorable adlibs
Soon as this nikka mentions a car you already know you're gonna hear *SKRRRRRRRR* in the background :mjlol:

BodeineBrazy

hehehehehehehehehe
Daps
Reppin
Philly, Norfside
I'm deflecting, but you're calling me a white boy.

The irony :russ:
Still can't tell me what appeal these nikkas have outside what I stated, can't tell me something they brought to the game that wasn't already there, what original about them, r they good storytellers? Do they switch flows at least? Off brand fake Raekwon raps...

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
i hope they just stay independent. they making waves as it is

i guess being on the ROC would put them over the top though

I sort of agree.

I'm open to any indy artist signing to Roc Nation after seeing Rapsody go there and just release her latest EP, Crown. They even let her use some big name samples on there (Aaliyah, Beyonce, Bruno Mars, etc.)

Roc Nation has been behind her and the move has definitely been good for her. They've given her total freedom to be her own artist, and it doesn't seem like they're going to keep her on the shelf or anything like that.

If WSG wanted to make the move I think it could be a good career move.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Still can't tell me what appeal these nikkas have outside what I stated, can't tell me something they brought to the game that wasn't already there, what original about them, r they good storytellers? Do they switch flows at least? Off brand fake Raekwon raps...
"You might have to sit this one out, boss"

You can say old this, old that all day, but old nikkas are actually out here selling records and topping the charts. These young nikkas you think are the future of hiphop can get 80 million views on Youtube but can't sell 80,000 records because the fanbase ain't really there.

The numbers and facts are there, like it or not. :yeshrug:

nahnah

Superstar
Daps
:ehh: Hope whatever they've got planned works out for them. They deserve it grinding like they have for the past few years or so. They've built a solid foundation.

:skip:@ dude implying they have to make club bangers or something to have any kind of success. It's a bit like complaining about a Earl Sweatshirt album not being turnt up enough.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cookin up dope and shootin nikkaz

I like both Conway and Westside Gunn but both them brothaz are very one one dimensional

That's how successful rap artists are supposed to be. Find your niche and stick to it. Mobb Deep and the Lox have been making very similar sounding music for 20 years. In fact, fans are mad at the Lox for putting out an album that doesn't sound like the stuff they did 15-20 years ago. Crews like Dipset & Wu-Tang fell off because they weren't able to recreate the energy that made them hot.
How many rappers have switched up and remained dope without using other writers? Not many.