Westworld: There is something in them

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
*disclaimer* no real plot points are given but some may be interpreted in this discussion.

In the show, it hints that "An artist reveals himself through their work"

Well let's beg the question. Who is this artist? In my brief study. I've come across a constant gleeful theme. An ominous sign. This drive, a prevailing push in these artist. A new manifestation of destiny of the sort. It permeates through their work. In this art, it is clear to me what role is being played. It is encoded in them. Film after film, sci fi after sci fi, there is this obsession to become Omnipotent... To one up God. :ahh:
This is also shown repeatedly through scientific discovery and through technological advancement. These discoveries are lauded and praised as we inch closer, as 'man' (d)Evolves... but into what? Is this really a good thing? :lupe:
In this show. You are led to believe that he is doing the right thing by them. You root for him to set them free as he tells the story of how & why man is alone on this planet.

Tracing back, this code was mentioned in the scriptures. :jbhmm: It was revealed and passed down once these:demonic:left their first estate, took wives and created their own parallel being through the seed of men. Another attempt, to destroy God's finest creation. We all know how this story ends biblically but to quote another one of my favorite films "Consider the source?"

In that film, he deemed himself "A fan of man!" quite telling when he is so hell bent on destroying it.

Westworld is a chilling piece of work that peels back the layers of the mind through arts and craft. I'm not sure if we should be happy with what we see. :mjpls:

Last edited:

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
@SubZero I think this answers your question in some respects.

We’ve managed to slip evolution’s leash now, haven’t we? We can cure any disease, keep the weakest of us alive, and perhaps one fine day we might even resurrect the dead and call forth Lazurus from his cave. Do you know what that means? It means we’re done. That this is as good as we’re gonna get.

I do agree with your sentiment btw

@Ultima what you think about all this?

Last edited:

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
:wow:

The irony... He's a Humanist

Last edited: