WGU lowered their requirements for their IT Bachelors programs

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Got the call today, it's an online school (accredited and well known!).

You only need two years of IT experience on your resume to qualify.

Online IT Degrees – Information Technology Bachelor’s Programs | WGU

Get in while the going is good :ld:

Self paced degree programs allow you to graduate as fast as you can get through the material:ld:

WGU offers certs on top of the degree:ld:

Computer Science requires at least pre calc courses however :ld:

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps
I'm a WGU grad.

Low price, decent college. No employer has said anything about me having a degree from there.
I zero tech experience. I was looking into WGU for the IT program. Do you feel the curriculum prepared you for the work force?

Daps
I zero tech experience. I was looking into WGU for the IT program. Do you feel the curriculum prepared you for the work force?
I had a little experience in tech support and a CCNA and A+ before I started, but I felt very prepared for IT/software positions when I completed the program. It's online and self-paced, so you're essentially teaching yourself, but if you're stuck on something you can get one on one help. You'll get a student mentor (counselor) who will call you every week at a time of your choice to check on your progress.

WGU has many resources to help you pass courses, just follow the rubric given and you should be fine. They also provide free lifetime Pluralsight and LinkedIn Learning memberships for students and alumni.

TheAnointedOne

Superstar
Daps
The program isn't even rigorous at all. I wouldn't hire someone who graduate from there.

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
Honestly, I would never do no online IT degree.

The top of the class if they network can get internships, experience etc.. but I believe the majority or most people who graduate will have trouble finding IT jobs and if they do it will be low level, entry jobs where you would ask yourself why did I waste tens of thousands of dollars to be doing this entry level shyt?!

That's just me though.