WGU lowered their requirements for their IT Bachelors programs

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
We have some turnover so I went to bat for someone to take their position and was told straight up to "make a case" for my own position. I'm making good money but have been doing the same thing for years now, so I have a website (hosted in AWS) with a full resume and some other things to show so I can get on the Desktop Engineering side. So far everything is gravy and I might have created a lane for myself with my institution simply by speaking up.
Good stuff fam, I know you've come a long way. Glad to see you still hungry for more.
:salute:

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:salute:Thanks, fam. I was sort of unclear in my last post: I had a conversation with the head of IT that was almost 2 hours long and he (a brotha) said to make my case. He is basically trying to fill out the team with new people but has to balance keeping the current squad happy so he is all for creating a position for me but just saying I want it isn't enough. With that in mind, I made sure to put some projects in motion so my boss can make a case to him as well as me doing so. Obviously if I finish my degree (B.S. in Cloud Computing with AWS focus) I can print money for myself but I love the institution I work for and they have my #1 interest as long as they pay and put me in positions to use skills I pick up. Its all gravy so long as I keep my work in their face so they know my value. The team is small and everyone makes a huge difference.