What are some harsh movie/tv realities you've had to accept?

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
The black renaissance of 90s tv will probably never be replicated again

There will not be an A Team sequel. Or RockNRolla sequel

Ridley Scott is done as a director. His brother was always better anyway

Rush hour hasn’t aged well and it’s a sign of Brett Ratner being a meh director and a worse human being.

A movie adaptation of Kraven’s last hunt or another version of the night Gwen Stacy died are probably not happening.

Also, and probably the most important, the shyt is a business first and foremost. People may bytch and moan about remakes and reboots and looking to well know IPs but that’s the studio system right now that we helped create. Original ideas don’t get a lot of traction in movies anymore because so much of the moviegoing public decides not to see those flicks in theaters. So now studios are more afraid to take risks and want safe bets. The risks will now be on tv or on Netflix or Hulu or amazon. Our dollars have told them what we want
I understand you don't like Brett Ratner , neither do I but how did Rush Hour not age well? It's still a good comedy/action besides the blatant BHC biting.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Never going to get that Wayans Bros. series finale episode...:mjcry:
"NO!
Watching TV shows doesnt create psycho killers!!
:ufdup:

CANCELING TV SHOWS DOES!!
:damn:

The Wayans Brothers was a good show man!! It was a good show!! We never even got a final episode!"
:mindblown:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I understand you don't like Brett Ratner , neither do I but how did Rush Hour not age well? It's still a good comedy/action besides the blatant BHC biting.

The blatant biting, the fact that most of its jokes come from racial stereotyping is mostly what does it for me tho. Damn near all of the jokes are “hey isn’t this Asian man funny because he talks funny?!” Or “isn’t this black man wild because he acts wild and is funny?” Whereas Beverly Hills cop didn’t really lean into those stereotypes at all, rush hour goes into them full tilt. And as a comedy it just doesn’t work for me anymore. The action is still fine but overall it just hasn’t aged well in my book

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
The blatant biting, the fact that most of its jokes come from racial stereotyping is mostly what does it for me tho. Damn near all of the jokes are “hey isn’t this Asian man funny because he talks funny?!” Or “isn’t this black man wild because he acts wild and is funny?” Whereas Beverly Hills cop didn’t really lean into those stereotypes at all, rush hour goes into them full tilt. And as a comedy it just doesn’t work for me anymore. The action is still fine but overall it just hasn’t aged well in my book
Interesting perspective. What about part 2?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Interesting perspective. What about part 2?

Part 2 I can get with because it feels like there’s less of that. Part 2 just relies on their friendship for the jokes and how they’re both way in over their heads and are just trying to stay alive. I still fukk with part 2

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
Disney is really going to Remake Every one of their properties for some strange reason. :what:

For all the talk of there not being SciFi/adventure/fantasy movies starring black people, we sure don't go support the few that have been made recently (Kin, Slight, Bright).

There was nothing wrong with the Ghostbusters reboot.

30 Rock was as funny and consistent as seinfeld..

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Movies are a business that employees thousands of people yet people complain they do nothing new. It is a business and if you are in a bussines to feed your family you go with the safe bet.

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
No more Wire.

ahhh, the homie Larenz Tate getting more roles to showcase his acting ability.

I don't think we will ever see a down to detail account of the black panther party.

Like a 10+ esp mini-series like they did w/ the OJ trail.

If done well, that shyt would be EPIC and educational.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Aaron McGruder worked on season four of The Boondocks and was most likely responsible for the majority of the season. He just took his name off because of him getting fired from his own show. :mjcry:

Family Guy has been trash for the better part of the 2010s and it will continue to get worse for the foreseeable future. :mjcry:

Most sitcoms only have a few years of being good or great because eventually, the writers stop trying and start treating the characters like parodies of themselves. :mjcry:

You know what? I might just spin that last harsh reality into its own thread.