What are the most influential films of all time?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
That's like saying if video game movies ever reach the success that comic book films have that Super Mario Bros was more influential than the Resident Evil films. My argument is that precedence and innovation/impact/influence aren't mutually exclusive

That's true but I think superman's influence is huge and still felt. The combination of action and character is still there..the idea of casting a big name actor to anchor a cast with an unknown playing the lead? Also Superman. Taking the material seriously? Also superman.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
That's like saying if video game movies ever reach the success that comic book films have that Super Mario Bros was more influential than the Resident Evil films. My argument is that precedence and innovation/impact/influence aren't mutually exclusive

right but chances are that future videogame movies will not be taking their cues from super mario bros.

but when it comes to superhero movies, so many of them owe their makeup to superman.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
That's true but I think superman's influence is huge and still felt. The combination of action and character is still there..the idea of casting a big name actor to anchor a cast with an unknown playing the lead? Also Superman. Taking the material seriously? Also superman.
I'm not debating Superman's impact, breh, hence it being the first one I mentioned in the initial post. The point is and has been, something being first, regardless on having impact on that after it doesn't take away the impact that what came after might have. There's no Little Mermaid without Snow White, but Little Mermaid resurrected Disney and began the golden age of animation. You'd look at me like :dahell: if I said Halloween and Scream should be replaced with Nosferatu(which might be the most influential horror film ever). You listed Psycho in your first post then listed Scream a few posts later. Same with Halloween, which along with Psycho and classics like The Evil Dead, The Exorcist, etc are mentioned in the first Scream:pachaha:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'm not debating Superman's impact, breh, hence it being the first one I mentioned in the initial post. The point is and has been, something being first, regardless on having impact on that after it doesn't take away the impact that what came after might have. There's no Little Mermaid without Snow White, but Little Mermaid resurrected Disney and began the golden age of animation. You'd look at me like :dahell: if I said Halloween and Scream should be replaced with Nosferatu(which might be the most influential horror film ever). You listed Psycho in your first post then listed Scream a few posts later. Same with Halloween, which along with Psycho and classics like The Evil Dead, The Exorcist, etc are mentioned in the first Scream:pachaha:

Nah I wouldn't tell you they Nosferatu couldn't replace them. I'd say it should be on the list too along with Scream and Halloween because they did different things for different eras but I'd argue Nosferatu has the bigger impact but that's me. I just think in terms of the superhero genre, Superman has had the biggest impact but batman begins and the first spider man and Burton's Batman could also be their as well I guess

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Jurassic Park
Terminator 2
The Exorcist*
The Omen*

* These were basically horror movies that were winning Oscars.