What are your experiences in France?

lightskinjezebel

IBERIAN SCUM
Daps
If anyone traveled to France I would like it if they would share their experiences there.

Basically this is a spin-off from the "8 Countries Blacks should be wary of" thread. :yeshrug:

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hey breh

I been to france 3 times, living in england and all

very very very very racist,

my ex was french too, so she told me how it goes down

to keep it short, the far right wing racist party (le pen) was actually voted into power a few yrs ago. but they had a re election and covered it up saying most ppl didnt vote

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
Hey breh

to keep it short, the far right wing racist party (le pen) was actually voted into power a few yrs ago. but they had a re election and covered it up saying most ppl didnt vote

Would be nice if you went into more detail. Have you personally experienced instances of racism while in France (assuming you've been there) ?

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
First time seeing blatant discrimination for myself happened while I was in France. They have a thing against African immigrants over there and my tour guide was actually a Haitian college teacher (went to France for a college trip). We were waiting to get on the subway, then the police straight hemmed her up because they noticed her accent and thought she was African. Asked her for her ID, passport.. then they searched her. They let the rest of us go because they knew we were American tourists.

And this was in Paris, were they usually keep the cism in check due to tourists bringing in money. Marseilles is like 80x worse, they don't give a fukk whether you're a tourist or not... you're just black in the wrong city.

lightskinjezebel

IBERIAN SCUM
Daps
Hey breh

First time seeing blatant discrimination for myself happened while I was in France. They have a thing against African immigrants over there and my tour guide was actually a Haitian college teacher (went to France for a college trip). We were waiting to get on the subway, then the police straight hemmed her up because they noticed her accent and thought she was African. Asked her for her ID, passport.. then they searched her. They let the rest of us go because they knew we were American tourists.

And this was in Paris, were they usually keep the cism in check due to tourists bringing in money. Marseilles is like 80x worse, they don't give a fukk whether you're a tourist or not... you're just black in the wrong city.

I stayed in France for a month to stay with my boyfriend and his family there. I found the people welcoming and warm, I never encountered strange looks or run ins, for some reason the men there really liked me. Then again I'm a light skinned mixed race person so I have different experiences than you in general. :yeshrug:

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Would be nice if you went into more detail. Have you personally experienced instances of racism while in France (assuming you've been there) ?
whats with the attitude problem? that time of the month

I said already I've been there 3 times

I seen it for myself, you rarely see interracial couples. They're really racist towards africans, blacks and the arabs. When you go to the ghettos (oh they got ghettos) it looks like a war torn country. not a white face in sight

a family friend whos not even black but drividian looking, had to leave the country because he wouldn't get hired anywhere. even though he had a degree in medicine

Heres a documentary on the Black community in france and the struggle for recognition, cant remember if i've seen it. but it popped in my head

http://trutube.tv/video/15180/Black-France-Conflicting-Identities-Al-Jazeera-2013

lightskinjezebel

IBERIAN SCUM
Daps

I seen it for myself, you rarely see interracial couples. They're really racist towards africans, blacks and the arabs. When you go to the ghettos (oh they got ghettos) it looks like a war torn country. not a white face in sight

a family friend whos not even black but drividian looking, had to leave the country because he wouldn't get hired anywhere. even though he had a degree in medicine

Heres a documentary on the Black community in france and the struggle for recognition, cant remember if i've seen it. but it popped in my head

http://trutube.tv/video/15180/Black-France-Conflicting-Identities-Al-Jazeera-2013

I also saw a lot of couples between African women and the local men

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I also saw a lot of couples between African women and the local men

And whats your point? fukk france :pacspit:

these capitalist racist imperialistic colonizers have been the devil in daylight to Africa and her children. Look at French Colonial history and tell me about french racism:ld:

Modern day shows us, these western Imperialist countries have not changed one bit :ufdup:

Its crazy how people will defend white supremacist countries against racism :mindblown:

fukk is wrong with you type of people :dahell:

shuuk

Rookie
Daps
I stayed in France for a month to stay with my boyfriend and his family there. I found the people welcoming and warm, I never encountered strange looks or run ins, for some reason the men there really liked me. Then again I'm a light skinned mixed race person so I have different experiences than you in general. :yeshrug:
Skin color really has nothing to do with it. They'll treat a fair skinned Berber like they would a dark skinned West African.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Some people here are full of it. I traveled all over France last year and had a great time, and I'm black as obsidian. I had those dollars on me, so that helped. Also, there are alot of blacks everywhere, so I never felt out of place. I was in Paris, Bordeaux, Lyon, and Nice and didn't get any untoward looks from folk, but then again I'm extremely handsome, so that might have played a role as to why I was treated so nice. I also speak a little French as well, so I think that help engender goodwill between myself and the locals.

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave

No attitude here. Your post was just very vague.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk

I only went to Paris for a week... Im black and my wife is white... we had no problems. And we went out to the "hood" as well... yes, not too many white people but hardly a fukking slum. And we saw a lot of interracial couples as well.

You still didn't answer the question of what racism you personally experienced.

OP I would def check France out. Again I was just a tourist but I loved what I saw and want to go back.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You are NOT black...
That's the problem with you "light skinned" Americans...You don't understand that you are only black in the USA...The rest of the world, for the most part, do not classify you as black...

So, when people talk about the black experience, y'all just need to shut up, the lighter your complexion, the least you should have to say...

A person who looks like Mariah Carrey will receive significantly different treatment than a person who likes like Erikah Badu...Period.

I am not saying this with an "angry voice"...I am just stating an opinion...

lightskinjezebel

IBERIAN SCUM
Daps
You are NOT black...
That's the problem with you "light skinned" Americans...You don't understand that you are only black in the USA...The rest of the world, for the most part, do not classify you as black...

So, when people talk about the black experience, y'all just need to shut up, the lighter your complexion, the least you should have to say...

A person who looks like Mariah Carrey will receive significantly different treatment than a person who likes like Erikah Badu...Period.

I am not saying this with an "angry voice"...I am just stating an opinion...

I'm more like Paula Patton but I see your point.