What are your experiences in France?

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
If anyone traveled to France I would like it if they would share their experiences there.

Basically this is a spin-off from the "8 Countries Blacks should be wary of" thread. :yeshrug:
I went when I was 11. I thought it sucked and the people smelled.. The food sucked and those gypsies will try and rob you if you are not on your job.

I didnt like it at all

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
[...]I'd suggest looking into the civil rights struggle in France, they have a deep history of black movements over there[...]
The Négritude and the Anti-colonialism/pro-marxism stuff (Césaire, Senghor, Fanon...) except I don't see that many black movements.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
The French are generally obnoxious... It's not surprise that everyone hates them in Europe.
They love high-spending American tourists though:jawalrus:

The hate towards French people is mostly historical and political, I've met people who "hate" the French but have never been to France nor met French people :yeshrug:
A lot of people (especially Brits and Americans) have this weird thing with France, they hate it but love it when they come (it's tons of Americans in Paris), it seems there's an article about France, Paris or french every other week in the NY Times or The Herald Tribune.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was in Paris for two days and I hated it. The people are just rude and lazy. Service workers answer questions with attitudes, waiters are lazy as shyt( I sat at a restaurant for 15 minutes without as much as a waiter asking me if I want water).....I just really hated the city.

Labadi_Mantse

All Star
Daps
i was in paris back in 2012. did the tourist thing and chilled. some people, naturally, acted funny but most were pretty hospitable. i also went to a drake, i hate dude but i knew hoes would be in there, concert. thus i would say my experience was a bit different. when people figured out I was a nikka from the US they showed LOVE. Someone gave me a free 8th of tree. I was getting free beer from the concession stand. Everyone was trying to kick it after the concert. shyt was over the top. Think a lot of it had to do with the fact that everyone at a Drake concert probably has an affinity for American culture and it showed. Also piped a bad lil broad from martinique i met in there. a good night :banderas: trying to hit up the south of france before i die though

Daps
Reppin
NULL
i was in paris back in 2012. did the tourist thing and chilled. some people, naturally, acted funny but most were pretty hospitable. i also went to a drake, i hate dude but i knew hoes would be in there, concert. thus i would say my experience was a bit different. when people figured out I was a nikka from the US they showed LOVE. Someone gave me a free 8th of tree. I was getting free beer from the concession stand. Everyone was trying to kick it after the concert. shyt was over the top. Think a lot of it had to do with the fact that everyone at a Drake concert probably has an affinity for American culture and it showed. Also piped a bad lil broad from martinique i met in there. a good night :banderas: trying to hit up the south of france before i die though

lmao it's hilarious how you guys always sneak in a little duck tales in your stories.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was in Paris for two days and I hated it. The people are just rude and lazy. Service workers answer questions with attitudes, waiters are lazy as shyt( I sat at a restaurant for 15 minutes without as much as a waiter asking me if I want water).....I just really hated the city.

I've pretty much never heard anyone say anything good about Paris.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water

roomed with a guy from france during internship a few summers ago he was lazy as fukk

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
roomed with a guy from france during internship a few summers ago he was lazy as fukk

They close down the Lourve on a weekday. A fukking Tuesday and the Lourve is closed all day.

:beli:

Didn't even get a chance to visit the one of the few places I wanted to see in that city.

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Never been to France before, but I know/am close with about 4 french people from there. 3 still live there and they all loved me, I never experienced one drop of anything that could be considered racist or even rudeness they were all women tho. :yeshrug:

Also when I was in Barcelona I met a group of french dudes at a drink and speak at the beach and they were great too. I always hear french people are rude and shyt, but now that I think about it, They aren't just civil they are the most friendly type of people i've ever met.

I should be going to Paris to visit a friend in the next two years :shaq:so I will have a more accurate assessment on what the country is like, but the people are some of my favorites. :ld: