What did brehs have against mohawks before OBJ?

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
I remember late 90's - early 2000's the streets wasn't fukking with nikkas with mohawks. If you had a mohawk you was gonna get roasted and clowned. nikkas for some reason were too tough to accept mohawks as a cool acceptable hairstyle. I remember Game getting a mohawk and G-Unit would clown him on records for it. Now as I'm older I'm like wtf was the big deal about it. So what was it?

5e5f25ab9f8d214ab0c4f9e41960e724.jpg

curly-fade-mohawk-haircut.jpg

Daps
I remember late 90's - early 2000's the streets wasn't fukking with nikkas with mohawks. If you had a mohawk you was gonna get roasted and clowned. nikkas for some reason were too tough to accept mohawks as a cool acceptable hairstyle. I remember Game getting a mohawk and G-Unit would clown him on records for it. Now as I'm older I'm like wtf was the big deal about it. So what was it?

5e5f25ab9f8d214ab0c4f9e41960e724.jpg

curly-fade-mohawk-haircut.jpg
Used to have a barbershop around my way in Cambridge called Diamond Cuts. shyt was my goto spot for a crisp lineup before the baldness set in. :mjcry:

I'm Me

Rookie
Daps
Not saying OBJ was the first to do it. He just made it popular. nikkas wasn't running to get mohawks just cuz Diddy and Lenny Kravitz and Dennis Rodman had them and shyt
They was tho.
After Diddy ran the city, the hairstyle became a trend that has over time transitioned into the Odell cut.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Those aren’t Mohawks tho. Those are nappy fros with a fade taper.

Puff was the first black man that wasn’t on that punk rock tip that wore a Mohawk for that marathon in 200sumn

DiT-EjmUYAMLkCS.jpg

And the shyt we see today came from women

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
They was tho.
After Diddy ran the city, the hairstyle became a trend that has over time transitioned into the Odell cut.

No it didn't :childplease:

Diddy was by himself with that shyt.

Others tried and failed. OBJ made it cool and trendy cuz his actually looks dope. All these kids and adults are after that look.

Daps
That's the south of France cut which is really a hybrid version of a mohawk & tapered fro.

Mohawks were nowhere near presentable.

There was no sponge to make it look better, no blend to a mohawk cut, just a skinny strip of hair going down the middle of the head.:scusthov:

It's just an all around crappy hair style.

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
That's the south of France cut which is really a hybrid version of a mohawk & tapered fro.

Mohawks were nowhere near presentable.

There was no sponge to make it look better, no blend to a mohawk cut, just a skinny strip of hair going down the middle of the head.:scusthov:

It's just an all around crappy hair style.

The sponge really changed the game :wow: