What do black folk gotta do to make the Democratic Party listen to and implement our demands?

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Step 1: State clearly and define EXACTLY what we want.

We want reparations...:coffee:

We do. But what do reparations look like 2018... 2020? Is it a check? Is it our own land? Our own states? Clearing records of certain crimes? Free job training programs? Grants for businesses? Free college? What's the priority?

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
1. Define what we want. For example IMO criminal justice reform should be high on the agenda. Can't have politicians follow demands if they're not clearly defined.
2. Run candidates that will do the above.

Mindlessly voting Democrat is little help, and voting Republican (or staying home) only helps the party that's antithetical to black interests stay in power, so that's not good either. So I think the most reasonable approach is to get involved earlier in the process and start primarying Dems that won't work in our interest. That would be a way to make Dems compete for black votes without putting Republicans in power.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
We do. But what do reparations look like 2018... 2020? Is it a check? Is it our own land? Our own states? Clearing records of certain crimes? Free job training programs? Grants for businesses? Free college? What's the priority?
First we gotta get everyone on board.
Believe it or not there are black men against reparations...

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps

But that leads to a chicken and egg conversation. Sort of. Because there are some that are against reparations, in general. And there are some that are against the "cut me a check" reparations. So when any of us talk about reparations, what exactly are we talking about? What exactly do you think reparations should be or what should it entail?

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
I'm not sure everyone needs to be on board or even the majority of blacks need to be on board.

The prior Civil Rights gains were fought for by a minortiy of black folk, from what I imagine, most black folk back then were content/complacent with segregation.

And even a smaller amount of black folk were willing and able to ride for the cause.

Also for reparations to slide through, I think you would need only maybe a 1/3rd of white folk to be with it. Just like back in the day, only a minority of white folk supported black civil rights but it got through.

Last edited:

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Stop sitting around waiting for MLK the Sequel. Do something. Get involved. Write and call your congressmen. Vote. People want to pretend it doesn't matter but it does. The problem is everyone is sitting around watching while a vocal minority runs the show.

Scoop

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Tampa, FL
Been saying since I joined this forum that until our votes are "up for grabs" neither party will truly compete for them. I honestly think that's what Kanye/Chance/Candace Owens get.

I think ideally (for both sides) blacks would get an ethno-state in the deep south, including at least part of the current black belt. We would be two separate countries with the USA, and we would have to give up USA citizenship to live there, but I bet we would end up being close allies with the USA. We would be in NATO/NAFTA right off the bat. That would make us easily the most important black country in the world and frankly it would help them "get rid of us." To me it's a win-win even if it will unfortunately never happen.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Been saying since I joined this forum that until our votes are "up for grabs" neither party will truly compete for them.

That I agree with and I have had the same thoughts as well. This could work in two ways:
  • We have a concrete, well-defined agenda with clear, concise issues that need to be addressed. Whichever party works in our favor gets our votes. Party alignment or how many in which doesn't matter as much.
  • Having us vote as a block and willingly to vote for either side would change the whole voting dynamic.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Been saying since I joined this forum that until our votes are "up for grabs" neither party will truly compete for them. I honestly think that's what Kanye/Chance/Candace Owens get.

I think ideally (for both sides) blacks would get an ethno-state in the deep south, including at least part of the current black belt. We would be two separate countries with the USA, and we would have to give up USA citizenship to live there, but I bet we would end up being close allies with the USA. We would be in NATO/NAFTA right off the bat. That would make us easily the most important black country in the world and frankly it would help them "get rid of us." To me it's a win-win even if it will unfortunately never happen.
You're white though. :stopitslime:

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
Carnell mentioned an hypothetical of a group of black states with own standing military and allies in countries like Africa and or China for trade and protection if somebody messed with the black states.

Last edited:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Carnell mentioned an hypothetical of a group of black states with own standing military and allies in countries like Africa and or China for trade and protection if somedobey messed with the black states.

go back to pol scumbag

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
i think we should allow the dems to starve without our vote until they prove they actually will enact policies that will benefit us

Whoring out our vote blindly does us no good