What do yall think is the reason for Marvel’s downfall

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
"Super hero fatigue" is a statement that only applies to the general population, so yeah the days of these movies being the trendy thing to do and grand events for the general audience are probably over. But true fans of the genre have been supporting comics, cartoons and video games that came out in way higher quantities than films for years without "fatigue" before the movies blew up. But the recent movie and streaming products have just been lackluster, bottom line. Unsatisfying to ALL types of moviegoers

But if they just create good content again and stop disrespecting their core audience with character and story switcharoos then the genre will be just fine. Good movies and shows are going to be supported well enough, even if not to the billion dollar level.

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
They went for a more general, female audience who were not interested long term

Waited to long for another team up /
Pandemic content drought. People lost interest and moved on.

Bad CGI/bad writing/ bad press about treatment of CGI artist.

changes to source material that alienated comic fans who generate all the buzz online. It's become more profitable for the youtubers to criticize marvel.

Not controlling the narrative: people r mad mephisto never showed up, but marvel never actually promised that. People thinking you have to watch 2 other shows/movies prior to seeing a new one, when marvel said you don't have to do homework for new material multiple times

Softened male heros.

Not recasting T'Challa, doing a black widow movie too late. Multiple Projects nobody asked for while projects people want are delayed.

Corporate shake up changing Fiege's role

Last edited:

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I wish marvel would take some chances and pivot into some R-rated content. I mean all we've gotten was logan and the 2 dead pools. I don't count the blade trilogy as that's pre-iron man.

also, there's no stakes when EVERY character can be brought back due to the existence of the multiverse.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I wish marvel would take some chances and pivot into some R-rated content. I mean all we've gotten was logan and the 2 dead pools. I don't count the blade trilogy as that's pre-iron man.

also, there's no stakes when EVERY character can be brought back due to the existence of the multiverse.

THAT WAS FOX

:devil:
:evil:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Too much content + the movie industry being down.

I've said this ad nauseum but MCU movies are currently #4 ("GOTG Vol. 3) and #10 ("Ant-Man 3") top world wide box office for the year. And "Ant-Man 3" was obviously considered a flop.

People are saying Marvel is in trouble (and it is) but acting as if covid didn't happen.

Fred.
Moral victories are for minor league coaches:scusthov:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I don't see Marvel recovering any time soon. They have nothing. No Black panther, no Kang, no X men, no FF4.

Tony Stark aint coming through that door.

It's over. Death of a dynasty.

Majors not being as Kang anymore, pissed off wayyyyyy too many people. Many non-black people, to be exact. MCU casuals are fleeing by the day, and people saying that it is fine as if they have another "Infinity War" at their backpocket next year or 2025.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
They started giving D properties too much shine. Who the fukk asked for an Eternals movie or a werewolf by night Halloween special?

Meanwhile they don’t have a single A level property but Thor and Theriki whatever his name is made it into a Hulu comedy to shown off his side chick’s acting.

Boseman dies so they let Coogler not recast and instead try to make the sidekick sister into the new Black Panther. Kang gets some misdemeanors so they cut out the big villain they been building up to maybe recast…… The whole thing stinks of hubris and being too reactionary.

Last edited: