What do yall think is the reason for Marvel’s downfall

Ridge Forrester

All Star
Daps
I think after the Infinity Saga, they felt they could be more experimental with the content they put out and hold off on the next big story arc. The Phase 1 films built up to the first Avengers movie and the following two phases led up to the confrontation with Thanos in Infinity War and Endgame by introducing key characters and the Infinity Stones. In contrast, these lastest films and TV shows hadn't had the same level of direction towards anything until they decided to call it the Multiverse Saga. I think their aim was to introduce more lesser known heroes and include more diversity to audiences (ex. Shang-Chi, Eternals, Moon Knight, She-Hulk, etc.) and obviously produce content for the Disney+ platform. All of this content has resulted in inconsistent quality and ultimately, a lot of unnecessary projects.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Shoddy CGI
Stories no longer as tight as in previous years
New characters not connecting with audiences
Superhero fatigue / oversaturation

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I think we've reached the end of the superhero movie era. By that I mean back in that era b and c tier heroes could make almost a billion in the box office. Well Aquaman about to put in numbers that's gonna make The Marvels feel proud. If your shyt ain't good now it's going double wood at the box office.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
they wanted to capitalize in the streaming era and forced themselves to make a bunch of productions to catch up to giants like Netflix

it didnt work and they overspent budget on almost every production, meanwhile streaming has made it harder to gain revenue in this new business model. To make it worse, they hired bad writers, ditched source material on most productions, remove films/shows they promised in their reveal back in 2020 and forced shorter turnaround times on editors and vfx teams

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Over saturated the market. Started releasing movies about characters no one cares about. Sloppy and lazy writing, shytty cgi. Also, all good things come to an end. It'll come back around again but can't force out shyt nobody cares about an expect a success.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
People have come up with a dozen different explanations, but the truth is that no movie project in history had a 23-movie run without going stale or trying to take risks and failing. One way or the other, it's just too hard to keep people interested forever.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
They actually pissed off a lot of VFX teams as well who no longer work with Disney.
That's what happens when you don't let them have enough time to make something.

It reminds me of the scenes in movies where a villain will ask a safe cracker or computer programmer "how long will this take?" They give an answer and then the villain says "you have [less time than you just told me you need]"

I'm starting to think that trope was inspired by some of these bosses.

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
Endgame was fumbled. That shyt should have been the next entire phase to give them time to roll into Secret Wars then Mutant Wars/Doom.

I’ll die on that hill. They gave up a decade of material just to get a big payday in one film. Now DC could potentially usurp all the attention with James Gunn.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
No idea why they didn't just roll into another saga. They had the blueprint and decided to venture away from it for whatever reason.

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
People have come up with a dozen different explanations, but the truth is that no movie project in history had a 23-movie run without going stale or trying to take risks and failing. One way or the other, it's just too hard to keep people interested forever.
That’s absurd. They weren’t just making stuff up as they went through 23 films. The blueprint was already laid

The cinematic universe was just strung together pieces of decades of comic book story arcs. Ongoing story arcs, shyt that has already taken the risks and allowed the cream to rise to the top.

All they, movie execs/Disney/Marvel, had to do was skim the top of the work that was already done and proven to work.

Even going forward, they’re not going to make new stories, they’re going to take from sagas already completed and adapt them to film.

TL;DR - they had a cheat sheet and still failed the test

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
Ohhhh…..when Marvel starts focusing on black and other minority characters they’ve “fell off@.

:sas2: