Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Should it be full time pay or part time pay?

The reason I ask is it seems that only paying a part time salary for mayor - - Charlotte for example only pays 25k to the mayor-- slants representation towards your millionaires.

Speak on it.

Shogun

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
From my seven seconds of internet research, it seems Mayor's salaries are somewhat connected to their city's economic success....or lack there of. The mayor of San Francisco makes over 300 grand...

So, I guess that's fair.., although it's probably not right to blame a single Mayor for a city's economic state.

In a perfect world it makes sense, though. If the people of a city are struggling economically, their mayor should be too :manny:

Last edited:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Honestly, public officials should be paid way more.

It prevents the temptation to be corrupt. When you look at how much they get off the books, its over truly dumb shyt like a few meals or a few thousand dollars. its almost never worth it and could have been covered by a decent salary raise. And frankly it prevents them from being tempted by private industry just even slightly more. It will never truly compete but the goal is to REDUCE the tendency overall.

For example, in state government the salaries are PALTRY! http://www.ncsl.org/research/about-state-legislatures/legislator-compensation-2018.aspx

Theres no wonder only rich people can afford those jobs because they're not relying on those jobs as primary income. It self-selects for people of means to only even attempt to run for office and doesn't allow less wealthy people to engage.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
From my seven seconds of internet research, it seems Mayor's salaries are somewhat connected to their city's economic success....or lack there of. The mayor of San Francisco makes over 300 grand...

So, I guess that's fair.., although it's probably not right to blame a single Mayor for a city's economic state.

In a perfect world it makes sense, though. If the people of a city are struggling economically, their mayor should be too :manny:
I think part plays into how they're setup.

Charlotte for example has a weak mayor who only makes 44k,but the cities day to day operations are run by the city manager who makes 300k. :ehh:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
@∆y = f(∆x)

That makes sense. With the ability to influence there's a lot of temptation for public officials to be corrupt.
for example, look at how much money people are paid to spy against their countries.

Its like a few thousand sometimes.

Its never ever really worth it.

Rarely do you see the sort of corruption you see overseas in the MILLIONS. Thats how low corruption in the USA even is, despite rampant amounts of corruption.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
@∆y = f(∆x)

That makes sense. With the ability to influence there's a lot of temptation for public officials to be corrupt.
i know people who work in government in NYC, and they make a 150K...but honestly thats nothing in NYC and frankly its pretty good considering private industry could compete and flood out that salary.

Government HAS to be more competitive these days, especially in developed countries.

Look at what the government is facing in getting patriotic hackers in the age of cyber... The NSA can't recruit or retain hackers because the pay sucks and the Agency is a bureaucratic mess

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
If its a full time job it should probably be worthy of full time pay.

Additional point, if you are open to corruption at 30k youre open to corruption at 300k. The millionaires paying you off have enough to satisfy you either way.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
If its a full time job it should probably be worthy of full time pay.

Additional point, if you are open to corruption at 30k youre open to corruption at 300k. The millionaires paying you off have enough to satisfy you either way.
This ain't true bruh.

You're LESS open to corruption at a certain point.

Just like you can tax people too much at a certain ponit.

There is a point.

You're not going to stop all corruption, but you will reduce it.

Theres a reason dudes like Andrew Gillum are getting tempted with tickets to broadway shows whereas he could have just bought them himself if he had the bread.

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Wages should be tied to cost of living in way more predictable and practical than is usually the case, from personal experience in NYC you have public workers who are mad hype to be making what my dad made in 98.

Folks thinking they have a "good job" not adequately taking into consideration the increase in the cost of living. Unfortunately the realization doesn't come until much later on, either in relation to their children's education or when it comes time to buy a house and they can't afford to live in a neighborhood they assumed a "good job" would give them access to.