What exactly defines a living wage?

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's a different type of failure though. You graduate college, got student loans, and depend on an entry-level job for a high schooler?

This the reality for a large number of college graduates.

I was really gonna say anything under 50k as a college grad with debt is poverty.

But around 40k with reasonable financial management should suffice. You'll just have make some sacrifices here and there.

BoBurnz

Superstar
Daps
:jbhmm:

So you believe that 1 income should be able to provide for the head of household and 3 dependents. Am I understanding you right?
Yes. On what planet is it right or humane to demand people to work themselves to death for having the temerity to have a family.

wtfyomom

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
idk but its not 15 bucks an hour. at least it should be what minimum wage is supposed to be adjusted for inflation which is what between 22-28 bucks an hour from different things ive read.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
idk but its not 15 bucks an hour. at least it should be what minimum wage is supposed to be adjusted for inflation which is what between 22-28 bucks an hour from different things ive read.

Actually it's around $12 an hour.

The $20 figures is adjusted for productivity or the rate of increase for executive pay.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
A living wage should be enough to cover living expenses. Rent, food, utilities, transportation to work. Maybe enough to go out and enjoy yourself a few times a month.

Transporation:
  • car and insurance
  • or bus and train?

Utilities:
  • does that include house phone, cell phone, cable, and internet?
  • If yes on some or all, is that the basic package, premium, or in-between?

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Transporation:
  • car and insurance
  • or bus and train?

Utilities:
  • does that include house phone, cell phone, cable, and internet?
  • If yes on some or all, is that the basic package, premium, or in-between?

Keep in mind that I'm not talking about anything luxury. Just the basics. No upgraded packages. Hell, cord cut as much as you can. Get an antenna.

For transportation it depends on what is in your budget and your area. It's why I think the cost of living should vary based on where you live. Also, those costs should be a factor when a business is looking to open up shop in any particular area and with who they're hiring.