What happened to the Hiipower Kendrick?

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Nah. song is lightweight compared to hiipower
Not really light weight but ok. Hes on a more spiritual path and you want to bring him back into the streets to fight meaningless battles to symbolize frustrations with being broke and living around broke people

Hes not broke anymore and doesnt live around broke people anymore so hes being more inspirational which is what someone at his level with a voice should be doing.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
nikka went from.

"Sorry momma I can't turn the other cheek"

To

" long as God got us we gone be alright"

:martin:
I don't totally agree

but I can see your point:russ:

anyways for the topic its ehh.

The charlotte webb thing is kinda corny but it will probably sound better coming from someone else. I stand firm in my belief Kendrick's delievery and voice is bad. The Web line sounds corny coming from him.

this
"Dear Lord, come and save me, the Devils working hard
He probably clocking double shifts on all of his jobs"

and this

"I'm standing on a field full of landmines
Doing the moonwalk hoping I blow up in time"

are the only shyt that I found good:ld: and only good.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
spiritual path? :mjlol:

More like his handlers told him to chill.
More like your just making shyt up to make it fit. At the end of the day youre still a fan, you just want him to rap about more violence as a grown man with a wife and kids. Aight. :manny:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
More like your just making shyt up to make it fit. At the end of the day youre still a fan, you just want him to rap about more violence as a grown man with a wife and kids. Aight. :manny:
No I don't want violence. I don't really find this song violent. It's more aggressive. Less safe. And more real emotion. And better lyricism. Without the shytty voices :francis:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
No I don't want violence. I don't really find this song violent. It's more aggressive. Less safe. And more real emotion. And better lyricism. Without the shytty voices :francis:
The emotion is real. What kind of emotions are you talking about? More dead homie stories? How many dead homies can one man have? He covered a lot of issues with his personal life on TPAB. Balancing having a career and friends in the streets.

Music resonates with a lot of people and has real emotion. His performances have real emotion and dont reflect acting. It doesnt resonate with you because you're still a monster. You like trashy lyrics. You arent really into conscious music like that.

and really if anything his handlers would encourage him to be more violent because thats really what white people want to here, and you obviously.

So they tell Kendrick, hey Ken chill with the violent lyrics, but tell schoolboy Q "yea bro more violents, more gang talk, more drugs" Sounds real shaky but i guess youre a fly on the wall in these executive meetings.

This is who Kendrick is, you just dont like it because of who you are :ld:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The emotion is real. What kind of emotions are you talking about? More dead homie stories? How many dead homies can one man have? He covered a lot of issues with his personal life on TPAB. Balancing having a career and friends in the streets.

Music resonates with a lot of people and has real emotion. His performances have real emotion and dont reflect acting. It doesnt resonate with you because you're still a monster. You like trashy lyrics. You arent really into conscious music like that.

and really if anything his handlers would encourage him to be more violent because thats really what white people want to here, and you obviously.

So they tell Kendrick, hey Ken chill with the violent lyrics, but tell schoolboy Q "yea bro more violents, more gang talk, more drugs" Sounds real shaky but i guess youre a fly on the wall in these executive meetings.

This is who Kendrick is, you just dont like it because of who you are :ld:
No need in typing all this up.

I said nothing about dead homie stories.

Current Kendrick seems forced and unauthentic, with less lyricism.

That it:manny:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
How can you say you dont want violence @MeachTheMonster when every verse you posted had something about violence or death in it :mjlol:

Just say you like violence dawg. Its ok. Maybe you just didnt notice you like destruction.

ThisWorldAintRight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I made a thread not too long ago asking what happened to Ab-Soul...:ohhh:

Truth is as the circumstances around an artist change, so does their music. I miss this Kendrick too, but I like TPAB Kendrick as well.